Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desktop Engraver For Small Products

Im very close to just buying this..

ebaydotcom/itm/High-Precise-40W-CO2-USB-Laser-Engraving-Cutting-Machine-Engraver-Wood-Cutter
    Last edited by Mike Null; 05-04-2016 at 7:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Pinho View Post

ebaydotcom/itm/High-Precise-40W-CO2-USB-Laser-Engraving-Cutting-Machine-Engraver-Wood-Cutter-/200902245694?hash=item2ec6b4fd3e:g:nrUAAOSw2s1U0J0 2[/URL]
    That place sells laser engravers along with frozen drink dispensers. Not the best vendor.

I'd recommend finding a local engraver to work with.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 05-04-2016 at 7:49 PM.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

http://wwwdotebaydotcom/itm/High-Pre...UAAOSw2s1U0J02
    As the saying goes, if something seems to good to be true, it probably is.

I'm under the impression you're looking for a turn-key solution, not an additional full-time hobby.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 05-04-2016 at 7:49 PM.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Ditto, and before you go off on we don't like cheap Chinese lasers on this Forum and this is about as cheap as you can get. Take some time and do some research here and you will find all kinds of posts about "I just got this laser off eBay" and then add it does not even fire or move. In fact there is an ongoing Thread started here about a week ago. You will purchase then will be on here wanting advice and troubleshooting tips. then get mad when you read the answers.... and not come back.
    Lightobject dot com sells upgrade kits for the K40 prices start at about $500 or so, AutomationTechnologiesInc dot com sells info and support for the K40 machine your going to buy for $50 per hour.

Bottom line you can get a small decent non-eBay machine for around $2500 - $3000. Rabbit laser USA sells good Chinese machines with support for.... $6000 on up depending on the size. Used Made in USA or other name brand machines start at maybe $5000 up to $12000 + . OR like has been suggested here find a local guy with a laser machine and pay him to do your work.
    Last edited by Bill George; 05-04-2016 at 4:48 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Steve, where are you located?
    Rabbit Laser RL-60-9060. 60 watt.

ebay.com/itm/High-Precise-40W-CO2-USB-Laser-Engraving-Cutting-Machine-Engraver-Wood-Cutter-
    I would be very cautious from buying from an ad like that. A 40W laser for $364 and CorelDraw is included? After looking at their negative reviews, that is not a vendor I would purchase from and expect the item to arrive in working condition.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

well basically a laser is just a glorified branding iron for what you want. Al tho you could vector engrave and then color fill so it would stand out. Most any engraving on dark wood will need something more to make it stand out.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I've engraved quite a few exotic hardwoods. Note that the grain will engrave at different depths depending on density. Some areas may not engrave well at all. Zebra wood for example engraves well in the light areas and bad in the dark areas. Some woods also engrave and leave an oily mess. A mechanical engraver will give more predictable results. How about trying your branding iron mounted in a press. Go deep, seal, then color fill.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

My logo is attached up top. Let me know that may be a way to go.
    That logo should be fine. If you are only doing like 10-20 at time a vinyl machine should be a good fit.

You use a darker stain or what I do is spray paint.

Here is a photo of a sign I did. I did this with my vinyl paint method.vinyl.jpg
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Pace View Post
    That logo should be fine. If you are only doing like 10-20 at time a vinyl machine should be a good fit.

You use a darker stain or what I do is spray paint.
    You do realize he's talking 10x15mm, not inches?
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.