Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Boshield out of the can

Getting Boshield out of the can

On one of my cans of Boeshield, the fluid does not come out of the can. I swapped spray nozzles with one can that works, but the problem isn't the nozzle.

Any hints?

Worse case, I will puncture a hole in the side of the can and dump it into a bucket.

Thanks,

Bill

I've had the same problem in the last 3 cans I've ordered. The propellant seems to be defective.

The diaphragm at the top clogs. Take a nail and press down on it, it should clear itself. Cover the whole works with a rag. Stuff will go everywhere.

Storing the can inverted seems to help. I have thrown away a lot of partial cans prior to doing that.

Are you supposed to turn it upside down and spray it until nothing comes out to clear the nozzle like you do with spray paint? Is that why its getting clogged over time?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

and here I was thinking I was the only one with this problem. I feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    and here I was thinking I was the only one with this problem. I feel better now.
    ....but if the problem turns out to be rust you will all feel worse!

It sounds like the propellant inside the can is the culprit. No need to turn the can upside down and clear the nozzle because it's not paint or any type of finish. My opinion would be to contact Boeshield and either have a replacement sent or have them issue you a refund. You purchased their product and its defective - plain and simple.

@ Mel Ha ha

Actually Boeshield is a finish. Paraffin wax with in mineral spirits if memory serves me correct.

I have a spray can of it too. Hasnt been sitting that long so Id be mad if it didnt work. I have to redo my drill press table soon so Ill check it out. Not that its an acceptable solution but dont they make it available in a paste form?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Blog Entries
    I just had a can of Rustoleum Hammered finish paint that only sprayed properly when holding the can upside down. Couldn't figure that one out. Didn't realize until I turned it upside down to clear the nozzle. Right side up. it just sputtered.
    NOW you tell me...

I had problems with a can of Boeshield last year. I contacted Boeshield and they sent me a new can at no charge.

Jack

Yep had same problem and yes contact them.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Good to learn that its not just me.

I contacted Boeshield about the fail to spray. I'm happy to report that my complementary can arrived in today's mail.

Thank you Boeshield!