Thread: Maple and Purple Heart Semi-Hollow Les Paul Carve Top

Cool Maple and Purple Heart Semi-Hollow Les Paul Carve Top

I have no idea what I'm doing. Not only am I ill-equipped, inexperienced and not a very good guitar player to boot; this should be interesting. And I will only use hand tools

Maple top pieces chosen, glued, layout drawn and cut. I went with the heartwood because I could

Carving....

Outside carved...

Wiped for preview....
    Attached Images Attached Images

On to cutting the neck pocket and f-hole...

Just needs some final sanding...

And I leave you with the neck glue up....

About time to bring out the purple heart back piece....

That is it so far. Any Advice greatly appreciated. Never really used any of these tools before or have a clue what I am doing. If I am doing anything ignorant don't be afraid...to throw a shoe at me

Here is what I do for my day job....Restoring, building, racing these things....

Looks good so far. The piece on the bottom of the body looks like oak. Was that done intentionally?

Robby

I am liking the maple heart/sap contrast ...and the Porsche!

Updates....Slow going but I do have a job

Body done except for binding
    IMG_20161008_214644.jpg

Resawing Purpleheart fingerboard
    IMG_20161009_113637.jpg

Progress! Neck fitted and carved, all by hand of course. next is mounting some hardware...

Looking really good!

Checking back on this, any finished guitar pics perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by nima hadavi View Post
    I have no idea what I'm doing. Not only am I ill-equipped, inexperienced and not a very good guitar player to boot; this should be interesting. And I will only use hand tools
    For not knowing what you're doing, it sure looks like you know what you're doing. Very nice!
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

I do admire your handy work, building by hand is a time consuming chore. Definitely a work of love.

My son and I build guitars with a home built CNC and that gets time consuming, so great hand work, would love to see when finished.

12. I'm watching this with interest; good going!

Heck ya man. Keep up the good work.
    Two T's Woodshop