Thread: Mother's Day drive......

Mother's Day drive......

After church today, I took my wife to a local restaurant for brunch. Then we drove to Palouse Falls in SE Washington. The Palouse River starts in the mountains of Idaho near the town of Potlatch. It winds it's way SW until it flows into the Snake River which is headed for the Pacific Ocean via the Colombia River. We are experiencing peak mountain snow melt and runoff right now. I thought the lower falls would be spectacular. We weren't disappointed.

I thought it was a unique idea for a way to spend Mother's Day. I was wrong again. We had to park in a flat spot with 10's of other cars 1/4 mile from the parking lot and campground and walk to the campground and view point. It was packed!!!!!

I present the Lower Palouse Falls......198 feet ......

The 1st photo is to show you are in the middle of a desert where you wouldn't expect to see a water falls!

pf1.jpgpf2.jpg
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Great pics Ken!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

You live in a beautiful part of the country Ken.
    I was fortunate to see your area several years ago I was close to Peck {Snowbird} we crossed the Snake river every morning and evening.
    Thanks for the pics!!

Great pics, Ken. It's amazing to see how much the surrounding rock has been erroded over time, especially since that is a semi-arrid area.