Thread: Nanna Ditzel Lulu Cradle

Nanna Ditzel Lulu Cradle

IMG_1564_1.jpg
    I asked a couple of questions to help me on my journey with a cradle I built for my youngest daughter who is due in a month's time. I just finished the project and thought I'd post the results.

I didn't have any plans or sketches, just a Pinterest photo. My daughter is a gifted architect and Nanna Ditzel was a prominent Danish furniture designer (1923-2005) - it seemed a wonderful fit.

If you would like to follow all the day-to-day details, you can find a step-by-step at http://www.facebook.com/cradlebuilder

I was aiming to finish the project so that it could be displayed at a baby shower on the weekend. I finished it up with an hour to spare - pwhew - talk about pressure.

Steve

Very nice looking cradle. Well done.

My wife is due in 5 months and I'm building the crib. I'm not that accustomed to finishing personal projects with a finite time line...

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Gaskin View Post
    Very nice looking cradle. Well done.

My wife is due in 5 months and I'm building the crib. I'm not that accustomed to finishing personal projects with a finite time line...
    You have to work hard and pray that she doesn't deliver early

That's a beautiful cradle, Gramps. I made one for my daughters first born and also burnt the midnight oil to get it done in time. It seems like that is just a part of the process.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

What I like about your cradle most is the thought behind it. Finding something special ( she is an architect and finding a beautiful design of well known female designer) and then taking such care & time to make a special piece to give as a gift. Super idea & kudos Dad.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Really, really nice.

On so many ways.