Thread: DIY Automatic Dust Collection Controller thread - Need to find it

DIY Automatic Dust Collection Controller thread - Need to find it

I saw a thread a few years ago by a guy who built his own version of an ecogate automatic dust collector control system using discrete control blocks and a cabinet he bought on ebay. Very well done. I want to help a friend do this and I have searched the web for a couple of hours and can't find the thread. If I recall correctly the system used control DIN Rail mount relays and it was all mounted in a white or light gray steel cabinet. Hopefully someone saved a link. Search here with google failed me and my google-fu is usually pretty strong...joe

I would look at this. I have this system and its much more affordable than when I bought mine. At 395 for a starter set and off the shelf parts and its ability to expand, makes it a good choice. I love mine and no power required at the remote end (sensor)

Here's a youtube on it.

https://youtu.be/CUIQCs8o9AY

Not familiar with the thread you reference, but I'm intrigued - -
    The concept is fairly simple. In its simplest form you need a sensor, a relay, and a actuated blast-gate for each station. Then a 'master' timing relay (off-delay) for DC, and probably a small 24VDC power supply. The sensor could be either vibration or current sensing , and provide discrete signal to the station relay. The station relay(s) turn on master relay and station blast gate.

If you want fancy, using AUTO/OFF/MANUAL modes, then throw in a 3-pos. selector switch and a push-button for each station. Use 24VDC to the various field devices to keep wire costs down. Plus enclosure with back panel in either case.

I'm just not sure you can build it for less than the packaged units available? What blast gates would you use?

Edit: The linked current sensor is good for 1A. (30VDC). Figure 0.25A. to drive the DC TDR, so depending on the blast gate current draw, you might get by without the 'station' relays...?
    Last edited by Malcolm McLeod; 05-11-2016 at 2:15 PM. Reason: keeping costs down.

Keith
    I'm fascinated with this setup. Seems like it's easy to install and easy to use. Any suggestions on hooking it up outside of the directions?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hankins View Post
    I would look at this. I have this system and its much more affordable than when I bought mine. At 395 for a starter set and off the shelf parts and its ability to expand, makes it a good choice. I love mine and no power required at the remote end (sensor)

Here's a youtube on it.

https://youtu.be/CUIQCs8o9AY

I have an ecogate system with 8 machines on it, a mix of 5" and 6" gates. He has 10 machines and needs 10 6" gates. We are planning to add air cylinders to cast aluminum gates. We will put relays that close when the machine motor is running and the plan is to have a pair of wires from each of those contacts to the control box. We will then use relays in the control box to activate the collector and the appropriate gate solenoid for the air lines to the gates. I think we can pick up the needed parts on ebay. My Ecogate Green Box 12 sells for like $2K and the 6" gates are like $500 each. This system will be easily serviceable unlike when a board failed in my original Ecogate 8 system controller.