Thread: MP3 player, Inexpensive

MP3 player, Inexpensive

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive MP3 player? Any I look at does not have very good reviews.
    Like to have one to carry at work.
    Looks like Apple is the one to get but
    1) expensive
    2) Not sure I want to convert my mp3 files over to Apple to play. Or does the Apple also support MP3.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Ive got a Sansa Clip. its small but stores a lot of music. ripped right from my old CDs no problem

No need to convert to use on an Apple player. Apple products are pricey but well made. I just retired an early 20gig iPod that I bought in 2004. It still worked fine but the battery wouldn't hold charge any longer. 12 years service is not too bad, IMO.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Can anyone recommend an inexpensive MP3 player? Any I look at does not have very good reviews.
    Like to have one to carry at work.
    Looks like Apple is the one to get but
    1) expensive
    2) Not sure I want to convert my mp3 files over to Apple to play. Or does the Apple also support MP3.
    C.Crane company make an MP3 player that is less expensive than an ipod.

+1 on the Sansa Clip. DB
    It's called golf because all the other 4-letter words were taken

I use an old iPhone 4 as an mp3 player. You could do the same with many other types of smart phones. Just find one that is in good shape but nobody want because it is 8 - 10 years old.

I use my Samsung Slll phone (4-5 yrs old) with Bluetooth head phones .... there are so many free internet options to stream music I can't see paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blatter View Post
    I use an old iPhone 4 as an mp3 player. You could do the same with many other types of smart phones. Just find one that is in good shape but nobody want because it is 8 - 10 years old.

That's a good idea. Just make sure you can replace the battery. On older gear you probably can.