Thread: Hey Dave Anderson!

Hey Dave Anderson!

Today as I enjoyed a good sack lunch looking across String Lake at Grand Teton, I thought of you. Later as we took in Upper Mesa Falls, I realized I was seeing one of Idaho 's hidden gems!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Without a doubt the Tetons are my favorite area. Cascade Canyon, Jenny Lake, Lupine Meadows, and the list goes on. While not technically difficult, my most exhilarating climb there was free soling the Middle Teton.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

I managed to get some photos at Jenny Lake.

It wasn't too far from there we stopped to photograph a sow grizzly with two, 1 year old cubs.
    Ken

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I managed to get some photos at Jenny Lake.

It wasn't too far from there we stopped to photograph a sow grizzly with two, 1 year old cubs.
    No photos, it didn't happen.......
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Well it did happen!

En route to this:

GT1.jpg

We came upon Momma and her twin 1 year old cubs......as seen here:

GT2.jpg

The one unusual siting we had, I discovered and the guide confirmed. Unfortunately, nobody was able to get a photo. I happen to see a black wolf. It grabbed what we believe was a marmot and threw it over it's shoulder. It placed it on the ground and proceeded to scratch grass on it. It then went about marking it's territory. It all happened in a matter of seconds and then it disappeared. To my knowledge nobody got a photo. I didn't have time to get my DSLR out of the case.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 05-21-2016 at 9:54 PM.
    Ken

Blog Entries
    Very nice Ken. We saw this sow and cubs in Denali during our Alaska visit.IMG_3522.jpg We also saw this guy just down the road. He stoppedour tour bus for about 10 minutes before he decided we could pass by.IMG_3495 (2) (800x533).jpg
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute