Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portable tablsaws

Re: Re: Thanks for all the responses/

Originally posted by Phil Phelps
    Does anyone know if any stores in Houston carry Bosch or Makita in stock?
    Have you considered mail order? Such as Tool Crib? [/B][/QUOTE]

Sure, I mail order frequently. But I want to touchy, feely first.
    Every deed plants a seed.

2. Got one for sale

I've got the Dewalt DW744S for sale at $375. It's a good saw in new condition. Send me an email if you're interested. sjcorpst@qwest.net

I live in Iowa
    Steven

Dewalt DW744

Howard, I have owned and used the DW744 for about 2 years. I have not built any "furniture" but have built several bath and kitchen cabinets using this saw and it has performed better than I had hoped it would. The fence is a really nice feature, not found on the other saws you mentioned. I have the fold-up stand and have found it to be extremely stable, and easy to set-up and transport. This saw is exactly what it is supposed to be, no more, and no less, and I have had 0 problems with anything I have attempted to cut. The table top is too small for really large cuts, but in the "portable" class, I think it shines.

Thumbs up Rousseau stand. kinda long

Howard, I apologize for not knowing that this was the stand I have with my Makita. It is a great set up. I can take my saw out and I have a PC router set up to mount in the hole and use the fence. It cuts real accurate for me, and I have used it a lot. I mean a LOT. I feel so strongly about this, if I were replacing it would be with this set up even if the price differential were doubled. Now I don't throw my money away but I have been very satisfied with the saw and table. I do have a complaint with the saw as it comes and that is the blade adjustment. It is hard to use. I replaced it with a fitting that has a 3/4 hex fitting so I can use my ratchett and socket to adjust the blade height. Also I made a bushing to go over the threads to allow me to put up to a 3/4 inch dado blade on it. Hope this helps.
    Jim Fuller Lineville, Al