Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gizmo has Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by Dok Yager View Post
    No Brian I didn`t buy the transformer as I thought it was a little too large for the type and style of openings I want to do. So far I have used my Harrison swan neck carbide and my Crown revolution tools. I like them both. However I need a couple of deeper and with more bend in the end tools as well as a nice scraper that`s got a much deeper bend. The walnut piece I posted is now hollowed out as far as I can go with what I have on hand.

Congratulations, Dok. Let us know what tooling you end up with for it. Tom Steyer at JT Turning Tools does very nice work, and the Gizmo looks like another high-quality product.

Tom makes some great tools. I use Tom's 1" bar on some fairly deep hollow forms, around 12". I also have another brand 1/2" bar and they both work great. With the Gizmo it is so much faster to hollow out a piece. Plus you can visit with Tom by phone and get all your questions answered with pointers on how to use the tool. Also machining on JT tools is some of the best I have seen. You are right about the rabbit hole or vortex, whatever you want to call it, there is no escape so enjoy the trip.

Dok: What does that Gizmo cost? I have not heard back from JTtooling, and I have same lathe as you. Thanks.
    Maker of Fine Kindling, and small metal chips on the floor.
    Embellishments to the Stars - or wannabees.