Thread: What Does This Fit?

What Does This Fit?

I bought some tools a while back and this was in with them. I have not been able to figure out what it fits. Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't have a clue to what it fits but it is not cheaply made.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I have one of these. It is an adjustable jointer fence used on a radial arm saw made by DeWalt in the 1960's. There was also a solid maple fence for the left side. The fence is used for jointing using a three blade molding cutter head with flat profile planer inserts. The molding cutter head is attached to the saw blade arbor and then the motor is turned ninety degrees in the motor yolk so that the motor is vertical with the molding head at the bottom. Imagine a jointer turned ninety degrees and the infeed table is lowered to adjust the amount to be removed on a board. The DeWalt adjustable fence functions as the adjustable infeed table. This was just one of many radial arm saw accessories that DeWalt made. Another accessory was a grinding wheel and tool rest in place of the saw blade and guard.

Roger Davis in Texas

Ah, so that's what the little pointer/scale is for to set blade depth as the fence slides at the angle.
    Pretty tricky

Thanks, guys! I have a jointer, so I guess I need to think up a use for this.

John