Thread: 1:20 scale Wooden model of a 1988 series 2 Mack Superliner

Port Vincent, South Australia. Australia.

1:20 scale Wooden model of a 1988 series 2 Mack Superliner

BIG RIG Series- No.1 001.jpgBIG RIG Series- No.1 002.jpgNew BIG RIG Wooden Model Plans being designed 004.jpgNew BIG RIG Wooden Model Plans being designed 003.jpg

Hi from Australia, where I am a Wooden Model Designer, & Builder. The accompanying photos show some of my artwork, and the completed wooden model of a 1988 Series 2 Mack Superliner, ( Aussie classic ), set to, 1:20 scale.
    Scales range from, 1;20 scale, then larger, 1:15 scale, & bigger to, 1:10 scale, etc. All the larger scale models even have working LED Lights fitted during construction. Finish is usually gloss varnish, with good quality Aluminum paint for the chrome work, & black painted tires. Aerials are simply toothpicks, while the bug deflector is a thin strip of aluminum with some self-adhesive vinyl added.

I have heaps of photos of my Wooden Model Big Rigs & Aussie Road Trains to share with everyone. I build these to order for Aussie Truck Drivers to buy from me. Currently have a good Two Years of orders booked in.

Trust this is the best forum to show this model, & some of my accompanying artwork I used to custom build it.

Roger.

awesome work , must take a lot off time to build one
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Port Vincent, South Australia. Australia.
    Hi Bert Kemp;- Yes it took me heaps of hours to design & custom build for its proud new owner.
    020.jpg

Roger
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 06-04-2016 at 9:47 PM.

Nice work. They look like lessons in patience and detail.