Thread: CNC Shark Gcodes....

CNC Shark Gcodes....

Hi all,

New to this forum.

My experience with metal cutting CNC machines goes back thirty years having owned six of them in my business.

A CNC Shark seems like a nice machine for small wood projects that I wouldn't want to tie up my larger machines for. The problem is nobody seems to know where to find a listing of the Gcodes available on the Shark controller. Rockler doesn't have a clue. Even a call to tech support at New Wave only got me a sample program listing which only used a few Gcodes (the tech guy didn't appear to understand my question). To see if the machine will do what I want I need to know how it's programmed (I wouldn't be using Vectric software).

Anybody know where to find a comprehensive listing of Shark Gcodes?

Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the forum. Did you try looking up the Shark Post Processor info? http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop/custom.aspx?recid=26

Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 06-01-2016 at 11:20 PM.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Did you try looking up the Shark Post Processor info? http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop/custom.aspx?recid=26

Thanks for the reply Mike.

I downloaded one post processor. It gave me a little bit of in formation, but not all of what I need to program the machine using my CAD/CAM software rather than using the Vectric products. The machine I use to probe surface models generates Gcode as it runs over a surface, that code is what I want to run on the Shark

The Next Wave tech support guy didn't seem to think the Shark can be programmed directly without going through the included Vectric software. Looking through the online manuals it appears that may be true. This may be why there is no listing of the available Gcodes and their syntax.

The Next Wave tech support guy didn't seem to think the Shark can be programmed directly without going through the included Vectric software
    Vectric software just spits out g-code.
    So, you can use any CAM program to write Shark programs, or even write them by hand.

They probably don't want to deal with supporting people that don't know what they're doing, so they don't give out the info you're looking for.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Grzadzinski View Post
    Vectric software just spits out g-code.
    So, you can use any CAM program to write Shark programs, or even write them by hand.

They probably don't want to deal with supporting people that don't know what they're doing, so they don't give out the info you're looking for.

Gerry, you could be right about not wanting to add more confusion by posting the Gcode listing. But still you would think they'd have such a list for those who wanted it, huh?

Is the Shark controller Mach3? If so, maybe all the Mach Gcodes are operable?

Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by Doug Rasmussen; 06-02-2016 at 12:31 PM.

No, not Mach3. It used to be proprietary software using the ncPod hardware, but I don't know if they still use that.
    Gerry

JointCAM