Thread: Creeker Visit

Creeker Visit

Had a visit from Dan Foreman yesterday. After some show & tell and lunch, we got some turning in. Nothing too serious, some test pieces including mushrooms, a box, and other various pieces with tool testing in mind.

The only picture I took of Dan on my fairly new Robust lathe.
    DanF.jpg

Dan left me with some nice cherry pieces, and I sent him home with some Black walnut. All in all, a pretty fun afternoon!

Wait a minute!!! You iron your turning smock?!?!?!?

Creeker gatherings are always fun. Glad you two connected. BTW, nice shop - including the ironing board!

Must have been fun.
    C&C WELCOME

Had a great time, as always, visiting with Hayes. Wish he lived just down the street instead of the wilds of Idaho, would be able to get together more often. His new shop is really nice, with a lot more room to move than mine. I told him he needs to replace the ironing board with a jointer to set gouges on, but he said he likes his smock to look as sharp as his skew.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Congratulations on the visit!

I've been away from turning for a while. Is ironing the smock now a requirement?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

You guys got it all wrong. That was left over from my Iron Man competition training.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayes Rutherford View Post
    You guys got it all wrong. That was left over from my Iron Man competition training.
    Good cover story but that turning smock did look kinda pressed.

Always great to hear of Creekers getting together! Good looking shop - lots of light and room! I look forward to the ironing board tutorial!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Guess that I better bring a FRESH smock when I come to visit - don't want to gum up the iron with the accumulated crud on my current one! In all seriousness, I was just thinking the other day that it is high time that I get up there. Glad that you and Dan got together. Miss seeing you both at club meetings, though I don't get there as often as I used to now that I am no longer an officer.
    John Altberg

See you soon John. (if you don't have "pressing" business)