Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wish someone would challenge stores to put U.S. goods on aisle end caps for July 4th

Thanks Bill Orbine. I was trying to shop locally, but I guess I'll give up and place an order with the source you show.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Blog Entries
    It's Bill Jobe, Dave, but absolutely no offense taken.
    I did send them an email asking if my umbrella was made in the US, but have not heard back from them.
    I can tell you that their main office is in the Netherlands, so made in USA, not sure. I'm beginning to suspect not. Perhaps you could call the prior to buying. I bought mine on Amazon. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anderson NH View Post
    To me Memorial Day is special and a time to remember those Marine buddies of mine who came home in a casket. For a week and a half before the holiday I searched for a replacement American flag of the right size to replace my current 2 1/2 x 4 foot flag. When I replaced it a year ago I was able to find a quality one with sewn stars made in USA. This year no luck. The US made flags of the right size were all cheapo printed fabric and the sewn quality ones were Chinese made. Since I refuse to buy an American flag made outside the US I'm still flying one which is fading from the sun and rain. My flag flies 24/7 and is lit at night. I guess I'll keep up the hunt and when I find one buy 2 or more.
    will this work for you? http://www.madeinamericastore.com/va...flag-5375.html

Mike

Blog Entries
    Nevermind. My mind was confused as to whether I was responding to an email or a PM. Please dosregard my responce to you message directed to Bill Orbine.

+1 Dave Semper Fi ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anderson NH View Post
    To me Memorial Day is special and a time to remember those Marine buddies of mine who came home in a casket. For a week and a half before the holiday I searched for a replacement American flag of the right size to replace my current 2 1/2 x 4 foot flag. When I replaced it a year ago I was able to find a quality one with sewn stars made in USA. This year no luck. The US made flags of the right size were all cheapo printed fabric and the sewn quality ones were Chinese made. Since I refuse to buy an American flag made outside the US I'm still flying one which is fading from the sun and rain. My flag flies 24/7 and is lit at night. I guess I'll keep up the hunt and when I find one buy 2 or more.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tilson View Post
    Why can't we just ask the store managers to display us product on end caps?
    Chains usually give plans to store managers that dictate what goes on end caps. In some cases manufacturers pay to be on end caps. If a higher up visits a store and the store manager isn't following the plan they will probably hear about it.

To put it simply, store mangers often don't have any say over what goes on end caps.

The state of Minnesota requires American flags to be Made in the USA so it is easy to find Made in the USA flags here. I needed to buy a large American flag a few years ago and the cheapest place was to order from the American Legion website. Of course the flags are Made in the USA. It is easy to find American flags made in the USA, but you might have to look online for them.

Walmart does carry stuff Made in the USA. I am sometimes surprised at stuff I find at Walmart that is Made in the USA. A lot of plastic items are still Made in the USA. I thought those would be the most likely to be made in China.

Just because it says "made in USA" doesn't mean it is. I was unwittingly making such labels for a guy, until I was informed he was putting them on Chinese knockoffs....

And in the -for-what-it's-worth department-- My 1976 Harley Davidson came from the USA factory with a Japanese Hitachi starter motor and Japanese Showa front forks...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle