Thread: Ever used or heard of a program called Sweet Home 3D?

Blog Entries

Ever used or heard of a program called Sweet Home 3D?

I was surfing the web the other day and ran across this program called Sweet Home 3D. It is a home design program that "looks" pretty simple to use and I thought would be ideal for shop layout. I was just wondering if anyone here had used it for such a purpose.
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 06-06-2016 at 6:13 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Larry
    I used that software a while back when we were designing our house before blueprints. It's actually very easy to use and what I found most helpful was to make sure I had enough space between tools in the shop which was part of the new house but also how our furniture would fit in the various rooms of the house. I know there are other ways to accomplish this but I found this software a great way to show the 3 dimensions of the shop and furniture.

Good luck with it.

For just laying out a floor plan with tools/benches to scale, Grizzly has a free shop layout tool. Its easy to use. You can sign up for a free account with just an email address and passwords.

http://www.grizzly.com/workshopplanner

Robby