Thread: Anticipated lathe purchase fizzled (:

Anticipated lathe purchase fizzled (:

The lathe that I was expecting to soon buy has fizzled. In fact, I was looking at three of them; PM45, PM90 and a Delta 46-541S. They all resulted in a dead end because of problems with the lathe or too high of a price. I was particularly disappointed with the PM45 (currently on eBay) but it would not run and seemed to have been left outside. So, the search continues. I don't want to get something new after you guys got me excited about the older iron. The search continues.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. The eBay prices for the PM 90 I have seen on eBay seem be very high. You might want to check OWWM BOYD for old iron. I've seen several nice lathes reasonably priced.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Steve,

Don't know where you're located but there's an auction coming up in Swissvale, PA (Pittsburgh area) on June 19th with a couple PM90's and an Oliver to boot. I've got no horse in the race but seems like your looking for old iron. http://www.hostetterauctioneers.com/
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by David Delo View Post
    Steve,

Don't know where you're located but there's an auction coming up in Swissvale, PA (Pittsburgh area) on June 19th with a couple PM90's and an Oliver to boot. I've got no horse in the race but seems like your looking for old iron. http://www.hostetterauctioneers.com/
    Thanks David! Yes indeed, there are some nice looking lathes in that auction. Unfortunately I'm located in the Southwest. (: If anyone knows of anything available in my neck of the woods I would appreciate a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mathews View Post
    Thanks David! Yes indeed, there are some nice looking lathes in that auction. Unfortunately I'm located in the Southwest. (: If anyone knows of anything available in my neck of the woods I would appreciate a heads up.
    Put your location ito your profile. I scour . govdeal.com site daily, although I don't need anything right now. But schools are totally liquidating their metal and wood shop programs, and the old iron does appear often. There's 3 up for auction now, but pretty far from SW USA. https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...&searchPg=Main.
    Maker of Fine Kindling, and small metal chips on the floor.
    Embellishments to the Stars - or wannabees.

Steve it helps to know where you are located. Just saying the SW does not say much. I live in the SW too. Even with me saying I live in Texas does not help to narrow it down much. Most of us put the city and state where we live in our profile. Just something to think about. Good luck with your search.