Thread: What kind of a boat is that?

What kind of a boat is that?

Don't know much about boats but would like to build a lapstrake, because they just look so nice and elegant. I bought the book "Building Small Boats" by Greg Rossellini. Anyone know what the boat is on the cover of that book, it just looks beautiful and if small enough I might try that one.

At first glance it appears to be a variation of the Whitehall but at that angle it might be a bit beamy and the transom looks a little wide. Perhaps a Wherry... hard to tell for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Creech View Post
    At first glance it appears to be a variation of the Whitehall but at that angle it might be a bit beamy and the transom looks a little wide. Perhaps a Wherry... hard to tell for sure.
    Thanks, based upon your help I have found that it is indeed a Whitehall, by Shew & Burnham.

Interesting book.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis davidson View Post
    Don't know much about boats but would like to build a lapstrake, because they just look so nice and elegant. I bought the book "Building Small Boats" by Greg Rossellini. Anyone know what the boat is on the cover of that book, it just looks beautiful and if small enough I might try that one.

http://www.archdavisdesigns.com/davis2.html
    Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron