Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chinese Laser issues

OK so you press the z axis button you get a whining sound and the table does not move up or down Correct. So I would check and make sure the Belt/chain is not slipping or has fallen off the drive train, check the motor to see that it has enough power to turn the 4 screws that the table moves up and down on.
    You mentioned ajusting z axis acceleration , I'm un aware of this adjustment as Like I said its a manual adjustment you push an up or down button to make the table rise or fall. No speed adjustment seems necessary
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 06-28-2016 at 2:55 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Galea View Post
    I will check that, and yes the table moves, not the head. Sorry I posted that earlier.

80 watt Hugo engraver from Hurricane Lasers
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw x5
    How does the acceleration setting for the Z differ from the X and Y? Write down what it is now and increase it in the software settings. That setting helps the stepper motor overcome any dead weight it needs to move. It would be worth a phone call or email to the Ray Scott crew to get some of the settings off the machines they sell. It would be only a starting point. To high a setting and it might jerk or make the starting movements to rapidly. Too low and the motor won't move. The motor rate as steps per mm is also a factor. This is assuming the motor is not turning, if its turning and the table does not move look for loose belt/chain or something else slipping.
    Last edited by Bill George; 06-28-2016 at 3:45 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    It sure would help if you posted your equipment in your signature...
    Just for fun--

New Hermes LS900 24x24 40w laser since 2004
    GCC Explorer 38x20 35w laser since 2015
    Triumph 1300x900 80w glass laser since 2013
    Triumph 30w Fiber laser (coming this week!)
    New Hermes IS400 point & shoot since 2012
    New Hermes IS7000 since 2013
    New Hermes Vanguard 5000XT since 1989
    New Hermes Vanguard 5000XT since 1995
    New Hermes Vanguard 5000 since 1990
    New Hermes V3400 cylinder since 1995
    New Hermes V3400 since 2000
    New Hermes V3400 since 2005
    New Hermes V3200 since 2012
    New Hermes Concept 2000 since 1982
    New Hermes 20" vinyl cutter since 2010
    New Hermes plate beveller
    New Hermes cutter grinder (x2)
    New Hermes corner notcher
    Craftsman bench grinder
    New Hermes 12" metal shear
    New Hermes 12" plastic shear
    12" cam-action metal shear -unknown
    New Hermes 24" safety saw
    Craftsman 10x16" radial arm saw
    Craftsman 12" table saw
    Delta Rockwell 4-3/8" depth floor drill press
    ProTech table-mount drill press
    Dayton metal cutting bandsaw
    HF mini lathe
    HF 'green' dust collector blower (x3)
    HF 'red' dust collector blower
    HF 'big green' dust collector blower
    HF 5 gallon air compressor
    HF 26 gallon air compressor
    Husky 60 gallon air compressor (brand new!)
    Coleman 80 gallon 2-stage air compressor
    Corel 10, X3, X4
    Gravostyle 5.3 (x2)
    Gravostyle 7 Discovery
    Casmate 3.21 DOS version
    Casmate 6.52 full version
    Casmate 6.52 lite version
    Autocad 2004
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Kev!

Show off!!!
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Thanks for the info. I have reached out to Ray, just waiting to hear back.

Thanks again

Call them emails take forever

Thanks for the info. I have reached out to Ray, just waiting to hear back.

Thanks again
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I received some info from Rabbit Laser on the z axis movement issues. They asked me the following info on the amplifier.....

As for the z axis, what is the amplifier set at inside your laser machine? If it's not set correctly, there might not be enough or possibly too much power. Please check the dip switches on your amplifier. Then look at the front to figure out the amp draw. Please let me know the amperage.

Can anyone let me know where this amplifier is , what it looks like, and what dip switch setting changes I may need to make to fix the issue ?

Thanks

Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw x5

I received some info from Rabbit Laser on the z axis movement issues. They asked me the following info on the amplifier.....

As for the z axis, what is the amplifier set at inside your laser machine? If it's not set correctly, there might not be enough or possibly too much power. Please check the dip switches on your amplifier. Then look at the front to figure out the amp draw. Please let me know the amperage.

Can anyone let me know where this amplifier is , what it looks like, and what dip switch setting changes I may need to make to fix the issue ?
    Thanks

Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw x5
    Like Bert says, just call them. I am sure they mean driver but who knows??
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Galea View Post

He's referring to the stepper motor driver. Some call them amplifiers. They should be in your electronics compartment somewhere near the board you just replaced. They are typically black boxes with wires plugged into them. Here is what mine look like at this dropbox link. (forum is not letting me upload it, probably too big...)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n92c9cq1aa...river.jpg?dl=0

There are dip switches on the driver that set the amount of current available to your motors as well as the microstepping of the motors. As Ray says if the motor gets too much current or too little current it may not work properly. Typically there is a grid printed on the driver that show the relationship to the dip switches to the current settings.

That said, I can't tell you what they should be. Ray likely will be able to tell. It depends on the motors. Look at the switches and match that to what is on the table on the driver and give that info to Ray.