Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Laser issues

I have had very good experiences with lightobject dot com , Marco the owner knows lasers and even hosts a Forum where he gives support not only for what he sells but others. The other recommended source for a new controller would be Rabbit laser USA, Ray Scott knows Chinese machines and can give you the help you will need. Both places will be higher in cost than purchasing off eBay or direct from China and then coming here asking for help.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I/O on the card sounds like it's gone

A new 6515 card is about $200 over there
    You did what !

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Galea View Post

Thanks again for all of you guys and your help. I guess this is what I get for going with the Chinese system and not spending the few extra bucks on a better system. That will never happen again.
    The Leetro boards are pretty good, don't beat yourself up. Most electronics in the world come from Asia. Sometimes things break. Those are the same controllers you get from the importers over here. As others have said, the difference is that they import them and the markup reflects the cost of getting here, plus some markup to be able to provide support and in some cases some sort of warranty. If you'd like the support I think it's a good value to get one from someone like Rabbit or Lightobject though you'll pay for it in the long run but it may be worth it for you.

Re: New 6525 motion controller

Well I went with Rabbit Laser, they seem very knowledgeable, and I feel more comfortable paying a little more, but dealing with someone in the US. Board came to $635.00 with S&H.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Galea View Post

Thanks again for all of you guys and your help. I guess this is what I get for going with the Chinese system and not spending the few extra bucks on a better system. That will never happen again.
    I agree with others, its not your "Chinese system" choice that you should berate yourself over. There are guys here that have problems with their $30,000+ laser system and have to spend thousands to get them fixed. All machines can fail, it's just part of the deal.
    Good luck getting it repaired.
    Scott
    Rabbit Laser RL-60-1290, Rotary attachment, Corel Draw x6, Bobcad Ver 27
    Juki-LU 2810-7, Juki 1900 AHS, Juki LU-1508, Juki LH-3188-7, Juki LH 1182
    Sheffield 530 HC webbing cutter

Lasers these days remind me of hot tubs, LOTS of places making hot tubs these days because all the parts to make them work are readily available. Like the Chinese lasers, most 'knockoff' hot tub mfr's use the same basic heater/controller combo and whatever pumps suit them. As with my lasers, I've had a top-tier tub (Hot Springs Grandee) and right now we're 4 years into a 'knockoff' tub. (name?) And again, as with my cheap laser, I keep waiting for our knockoff tub to up and quit but it works just fine, and does everything the Grandee did for 1/3 the 1992 money. And finally, parts for our knockoff tub will cost much less...

But sadly, some people have no business building lasers OR hot tubs. With luck you can find the bad ones on the internet!

Hopefully your new control board will have your machine running for years to come!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Update, I did speak with Carol at Rabbit (very friendly and helpful). I ordered the 6525, and received it today. It is a little larger than the 6515, and wont quite fit, but I think I can move the cable harness and get it to fit correctly. I plugged in the 6525, and it got past the (system starting please wait) screen. I was able to move the head in all directions, but if I try to send a job it says " (DLL version does not match firmware version). I would assume that I need firmware for the 6525 to flash the drive (I tried the 6515 and it does not work). I think Rabbit may be closed for the weekend, I was wondering if anyone had the drivers I would need, or knew where I could download them from ? Also, can I just delete the 6515 ones from my FAT flash drive, and copy the 6525 ones on and do it like that.

Thanks for all of your help on this.

Mike

Your copy of lasercut is the wrong one. IOt needs the version with the later DLL file in it

The software compares the card version with the software version, if no match it won't run

Ray has the other versions on his web site in the "documents" area I think it is
    You did what !

Go to Rabbit lasers website and on the left side of the page is Manuals-N-tutorials, I think you will find what your are looking for inside there.
    Scott
    Rabbit Laser RL-60-1290, Rotary attachment, Corel Draw x6, Bobcad Ver 27
    Juki-LU 2810-7, Juki 1900 AHS, Juki LU-1508, Juki LH-3188-7, Juki LH 1182
    Sheffield 530 HC webbing cutter

ditto what Scott and Dave said I do believe firmware and driver updates are there some place .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Ok, I have downloaded the new Lasercut software, and the LTUSB files (Carol at Rabbit instructed me to load these). I am now able to boot up the machine, but I am unsure where in Lasercut I can change the z-axis acceleration speed. When I try to adjust the z-axis, it makes a whining sound. Carol said I should adjust the z-axis acceleration, but I unsure of where that is. I adjusted the x and y axis numbers.

It sure would help if you posted your equipment in your signature so we didn't have to hunt the whole thread to see what your working on every time you ask a new question.
    is the Z auto adjusting . Not sure I understand the problem as I have a button to adjust z height and its a manual operation.,
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 06-28-2016 at 12:54 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Sorry about that, Here is the info on my machine...

As far as the z control, I have a button to adjust the z height, but when I hit it (which would normally move the head up and down) it just whines, and does not move.

80 watt Hugo engraver from Hurricane Lasers
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw x5

Sounds as if something is stuck such that the bed won't move. Am I correct that the bed moves while the laser head stays put....thus adjusting the Z height.
    Hobby Laser - 1800 X 1300 dual tube Shenhui (100 and 80W)

I will check that, and yes the table moves, not the head. Sorry I posted that earlier.

80 watt Hugo engraver from Hurricane Lasers
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw x5