Thread: Looking for recommendations on a plasma cutting table

Looking for recommendations on a plasma cutting table

I was looking to see if anyone could recommend a plasma cutting table (ideally something like a 4'x4'). My use would be for cutting metal signs and artwork . Material I would be cutting (primarily) would be 14ga (0.0747") hot rolled steel. I have looked at a few companies (Torchmate, Burn Tables, PlasmaRoute, Thermal Dynamics).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I bought a Torchmate back before they were acquired by Lincoln. I have to say that the support for the “little guy” has dropped quite a bit after the takeover.

I’ve seen some feedback from BurnTables online that would make me consider going elsewhere.

I haven’t heard of PlasmaRoute.

If I were looking to start over, I’d be looking at talking to Matt at Star-Labs: http://www.plasmaland.com/

They also have Thermal Dynamics.

Thank you for the info.

To expand a bit, I got one of the “growth series” Torchmate machines. The premise was that you could start as small as 2’x2’ and then “grow” it to 2’x4’, 4’x4’, and 4’x8’ as you had the money, space, or need. There were also promises of a number of additions to the system - again, so you could grow as you had the available funds or need. They did bring out an upgrade path to 2’x4’ and 4’x4’, but there was never any 4’x8’ upgrade path. They did do a watertable and a torch height control, but that was the extent of other additions.

Earlier this year, Lincoln stated that they’re keeping the “growth series” name but discontinuing the upgrade path. Only a 4’x4’ table, water table, and THC is available. It’s also gotten significantly more expensive than when I got into it.

I believe that CAMaster offers CNC plasma machines, contact them if your looking for a good quality machine.

Thanks for the info. I will check them out.

Thanks Tomas for your insight.

I owned and operated a PlasmaCam 4x4 machine for years. Pricey, but they work out of the box and the software is wonderful. If you watch "Fixer Upper" on HGTV the metal guy they use in Waco, TX has one. If you want to just work on your machine and maybe build your own there are lots of those on the market. IF you want one that just works... PlasmaCam. I recommend a HyperTherm torch, not a Chinese or otherwise torch not designed for a CNC interface.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10