Thread: Computer experts: Lost Internet explorer shortcut

Computer experts: Lost Internet explorer shortcut

Ok, don't know how it happened, but the blue E for internet explorer dissappeared. Now, when I click on BING, the blue E shows up at the bottom of the screen with the rest of the shortcuts that are there. What the heck happened ? I want bing for Bing, and Explorer for Explorer. How do I fix this ?????

right click on each Icon and unpin them from taskbar then in your start menu find IE and right clic and then pin to task bar. Do the same with Bing. You might have to create a new shortcut with Bing if its not in your start menu do that from the website

1. Resize the Firefox window so you can see both your computer's desktop and the Firefox window on the same screen.
    2. Click the icon on the left of the address bar (where the URL is shown).
    3. While still holding the mouse button down, move the pointer to the desktop, then release the mouse button. The shortcut will be created.
      then pin the new shortcut to task bar
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 06-16-2016 at 10:41 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

bing is a search engine

just left click the start button go to programs and iexplorer.exe should be in there

or

right click a blank place on your screen click new and then shortcut and enter

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

OH, this is not looking good!!

Deleted a whole bunch of useless programs and the computer is running better now, but when I type in the "iexplorer" thing, the Internet Explorer E icon shows up at the bottom of the screen as it should, but the page for that screen is only a half a page in size AND the page freezes up !!! Can't do anything with that page except restart the computer!!!

Something is not right with this computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martin View Post

Deleted a whole bunch of useless programs and the computer is running better now, but when I type in the "iexplorer" thing, the Internet Explorer E icon shows up at the bottom of the screen as it should, but the page for that screen is only a half a page in size AND the page freezes up !!! Can't do anything with that page except restart the computer!!!

This kind of thing can be really hard to troubleshoot via a forum. You're probably going to want someone to take a look at it for you, either by calling them to your house, bringing it in to a repair shop, or having someone use Remote Assistance to see your screen remotely.

Another option is to stop using Internet Explorer. If you have Firefox or Chrome installed, use them instead.
    ~Garth

Just count your blessings, and use Firefox or Chrome.
    Paul

as has been suggested you have a lot of stuff happening than can be reasonably dealt with on this forum. Perhaps you can find a computer literate young person who could delve into the problem for free or not much money? Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by paul cottingham View Post
    Just count your blessings, and use Firefox or Chrome.
    I thought that was the highest and best use for I.E., to download a functional web browser.

you can use task manager to close the IE page. Go to Start...All Programs.....Internet Explorer....Right mouse click on it and select Pin to taskbar. This should restore IE to the taskbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I thought that was the highest and best use for I.E., to download a functional web browser.
    This is the way to go....

the blue E shows up at the bottom of the screen with the rest of the shortcuts that are there.
    Clarence, this is known as the taskbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    Actually the highest and best use for IE is to download a functional Operating System like Linux or UNIX, a proper web browser is it second most noble purpose.
    Paul