Thread: 3m airstream replacement battery

3m airstream replacement battery

looking for replacement for tekkeon mp1860a battery pack which is no longer available---tks,joe

Some have suggested this one, and it's only 27 bucks!
    http://www.instapark.com/external-ba...n-charger.html - However the amperage is very low.

There's also now a Tekkeon 1820, but it only outputs 1.2 amps, which according to one poster is not enough. He says you need 1.5 amps. If THAT is true, then neither of these will work.

I have no experience with these, I got this info from this YouTube vid: (definitely worth reading all the responses)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0m9n9Iog7w

--------------

I have the "older" 3M system, with the belt pack & huge battery. I love it, but this looks like a pretty good idea & I'm thinking about a possible mod. Still, the older system is lighter on the head, and provides more air. I might leave my helmet alone & just change the battery, if the amperage is high enough.

Let us know if the above battery works.
    Last edited by Allan Speers; 06-17-2016 at 6:14 PM.

I'm using a couple of different ones from Anker and they work very well.. Amazon has all kinds of them. Search on "external battery". Go for any one that can take a 2 amp draw. Also make sure that whatever you chose has an off/on switch. Many of the models available turn on automatically when they detect a draw from a cell phone or tablet that is attached to it. Since we are using them to power a motor and there is no draw until the power is available, the auto on feature will not work.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

This is what I use and it works great! Battery
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Steve, how do you wire it so it works with your 3m air stream helmet? Sure seems like a cheap replacement.

Dave, I had to change the power cable on the helmet such that it would provide power to a USB connector. Only concerned with the +/- power wires. If you want more info, PM me and I will do what I can to help clarify things.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!