Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: REAXX Arrival, Setup, & Operation

Your post on the Reaxx read a lot like when I bought the Bosch 12" DCMS about 5 or 6 years ago. I bought it partially based on reviews that it was "perfect" out of the box. Well, on mine nothing was perfect, not even close. I had to adjust everything. The good news is I've never had to adjust it again. Hopefully, your Reaxx will stay just as well aligned over the long haul.

John

Any thoughts on how those who have already purchased (or will purchase) the REAXX would be affected if Sawstop were to win it's lawsuit? Availability of parts, ect.?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Flamm View Post
    Any thoughts on how those who have already purchased (or will purchase) the REAXX would be affected if Sawstop were to win it's lawsuit? Availability of parts, ect.?
    I'm going to ask around at IWF next month and see if I can get any dirt on what's up with that litigation. My feeling is that the Reaxx is not going anywhere.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

In the short term probably not. With appeals it could take years to sort out, but it would still make me a bit nervous. I'll be interested to know if your hear anything.

Well patents run for 20 years in the US. The SawStop had it's patent issued in 2000. By the time the litigation made it through, the lawsuit would primarily address damages, not the market. My bet is that Bosch has a lot more financial power than SawStop, but that's a guess. A good team of lawyers can tie up a suit for a long time.

I forgot to add that the saw has been operating without any other incidents since the first one. It works quite well. Of course like most folks with jobsite saws, I removed the anti-kickback paws and clear blade guard as they were always in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    ...My bet is that Bosch has a lot more financial power than SawStop, but that's a guess. A good team of lawyers can tie up a suit for a long time.
    I agree with your guess and think this will be the deciding factor.

Also, this might interest folks and many are probably not aware: Sawstop cannot be sold in the EU, while the Bosch technology CAN. And that's a huge market. The reason is that is that as the brake on the SS engages, there is the possibility of metal shrapnel flying out at the operator. This is forbidden in the EU. The Bosch technology, of course, does not do that.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    The reason is that is that as the brake on the SS engages, there is the possibility of metal shrapnel flying out at the operator. This is forbidden in the EU. The Bosch technology, of course, does not do that.

Erik
    That's a pretty interesting tidbit I've never heard before. I wonder if that has ever happened to anyone? Off to google it I go!