Thread: First project with Saw Stop 3HP cabinet saw

First project with Saw Stop 3HP cabinet saw

I have been working on a couple of end tables for the living room that my wife has wanted for some time. Well they are complete ( just need finish put on) and did the project using my new table saw.
    All I can say is the accuracy of the new saw stop is heads and tails over my old craftsman and the confidence with knowing the extra safety feature is always in place give me more enjoyment and satisfaction than I ever had with my old craftsman.
    Here are some pics of the project:
    It is called a Swedish cross leg design. The box is mortis and tennon. The legs are half lap. the drawer is standard construction.
    It is mostly " poor mans oak" AKA (ash) content. The bottom feed blocks are Oak- cause that's all I had in that thickness.
    The build had a lot of complex angles that needed to be achieved so I made some jigs to get consistency.
    I pinned the legs to the box and feet using 3/8ths dowel rod and glue for added strength.
    These retail for $540.00 a piece on a furniture web site my wife found them on.

The top is solid ash (Just shy of 1" thick) using biscuit joinery.
    She gave me a picture of the finished table to work off of, I totally built it referencing the picture with no real measurements.

Hope you like:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gregory Carles; 06-19-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    Awesome. I have a few machines that still get a smile out of me every time I use them despite years of service. Enjoy!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Ash is a favorite of mine. I am glad to see another project made with it. You have the angle of the bridal joint worked out perfectly, and it's good to have a saw that does what's expected with no suprises. How did you cut the birds mouth at the bottom of the legs? Looking good Gregory.
    Bill

" You are a square peg in a square hole, and we need to twist you to make you fit. " My boss

Quote Originally Posted by william watts View Post
    How did you cut the birds mouth at the bottom of the legs?
    Here are a couple of pics of the fixtures I made for this project.
    Birds mouth joint at foot.
    And Half lap joint at cross leg joint.
    Birds mouth fixture for saw stop.JPGBirds mouth fixture for saw stop2.JPGBirds mouth fixture for saw stop3.JPGHalf lap fixture for cross leg end table.JPGHalf lap fixture for cross leg end table1.JPG

Just a suggestion from another Sawstop owner. You wood be better off not to use aluminum on your jigsaw possible. It is very easy to contact the blade with jigs or Incra miter gauges. I have a blade and cartridge mounted on the wall near my saw the result of a miter gauge contact. It serves as an expensive reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    Just a suggestion from another Sawstop owner. You wood be better off not to use aluminum on your jigsaw possible. It is very easy to contact the blade with jigs or Incra miter gauges. I have a blade and cartridge mounted on the wall near my saw the result of a miter gauge contact. It serves as an expensive reminder.
    Thanks for the reminder but that aluminum never gets even close to the blade I make sure of it.