Thread: Woodmaster 718 - where Should I buy my moulder knives?

Woodmaster 718 - where Should I buy my moulder knives?

I just purchased a used Woodmaster 718 and I am planing on having some custom knives made. I have the 2 corrugated moulder head for the 718. I see that there are a lot of companies out there in the US and Canada that will make custom knifes for for the woodmaster. Who do you guys recommend? I am only planning on limited runs with these knifes. Probably no more than a couple of hundred feet.

Thanks

John snapp
    seattle wa

I bought a crown profile from Moulding Knives Direct for my JPM-13. I'm not completely satisfied with the grind of the profile. The profile is not centered on the knife and it leaves a ridge down the profile that will have to be sanded out. Since this is my first knife I don't know if I am expecting too much. I will try somebody else next time.

tim yunger - custom moulding knives (.com) - fantastic knives (they last longer than the ones i've bought directly from wood master or w&h), and he's an absolute pleasure to deal with.

I bought mine from WDR Sales, been a good experience and cost is good too.

I have had several sets of custom knives made by Woodmaster and they have all worked well.