Thread: Cutting from center of object with rdworks

Cutting from center of object with rdworks

I've watched videos, google searched etc - how do you set the cut position to the center of the work in rdworks.

Is it possible.

Thanks in Advance

I don't understand the question. Could you ask it differently please sir?
    Hobby Laser - 1800 X 1300 dual tube Shenhui (100 and 80W)

Simply go to (ConfigS) Choose System Setting followed by putting the Laser head setting wherever you want it,
    Bill Carruthers, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
    Shenhui G350- 60W; + Hengchunyuan 1300x900 100W EFR , CNC router 40x60, Lightburn fan, RDCam , Coreldraw 12, Photograv 3, Scroll saw, and not enough time to play with all of them!

Bill,

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Wilbur when you cut using rdworks it always wants to cut from the upper left corner of whatever you are doing. I wanted to etc a design from the center of the genereal shape because it was easier to center the head on the part I was etching.

Thanks Again,

Darren

Thanks for the explanation....I'll be looking in case Darren's suggestion doesn't work.
    Hobby Laser - 1800 X 1300 dual tube Shenhui (100 and 80W)

Blog Entries
    Darren,

Bill gave you the right method. Just a bit more info for you though. When you make the change he described and you hit OK to get out og the dialog box you will see a green square appear in the center of your object. That shows where the start point is.
    To satisfy yourself that all is well be sure to run your job with the laser itself turned off so you see the head move but nothing actually fires. Then you can see the results of that change and satisfy yourself it will run correctly.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.