Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Hate ________ The Most. Fill in the Blank.

I Hate ________ The Most. Fill in the Blank.

As it relates to houses, painting. I actually preferred digging post holes by hand in 95 degree heat the other day to painting inside an air conditioned home. All the prep work and painting is a pain in the neck, literally.

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    Working in the dusty (and I mean dusty), hot attic trying to get attic fans connected to AC power.

There may be one off tasks I dislike more but mowing the lawn ranks right at the top, what a useless activity.

Plumbing - - hands down the worst....
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Neely View Post
    There may be one off tasks I dislike more but mowing the lawn ranks right at the top, what a useless activity.
    Right there with you Bill, I'd rather blow 2 feet of snow off my driveway than cut the grass.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

I am sorry but I would rather mow the lawn than freeze shoveling snow. There is something about a green, good looking lawn that I love. It is much better looking than two feet of snow.

I do not like plumbing but I hate paying a couple hundred to a plumber. Money better spent on new tools. But of all the plumbing jobs I dislike, putting in a new faucet is the worst....confronting upside down with stuck parts underneath a sink just is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Plumbing - - hands down the worst....
    I'm with Rich. Especially when it involves #2

I hate surveys. So there!

Actually, plumbing is near the top of the list. I like having plumbing. I just don't like doing plumbing. I don't much like anyone who likes doing plumbing. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    I am sorry but I would rather mow the lawn...
    I think love or hate of mowing is a relative thing, depending on circumstances. I mow about 3 acres once or twice a week depending on the rain. Another 5-8 acres on occasion when I mow the horse pasture.

I enjoy it, kind of a zen thing, gives me time to relax and contemplate life. Of course, the mower helps - I use a 60" zero-turn Kubota with a 25hp diesel engine. The 5 acres takes maybe an hour. The 3 acres also takes a little longer but there is a lot of mowing around trees in the orchard, around the house, etc. Occasionally a friend will help with my smaller zero-turn and it goes even faster. I mow in the evening or morning when not so hot. When I mowed a much smaller area with a walk behind mower it was more of a chore.

JKJ

Cleaning out clogged bathtub / sink / sewer drains and cleaning out clogged gutters

Blog Entries
    Strange as it may sound, I love painting. I'm not very fond of any work on the west side of the house, which requires going up a 30' ladder that I have to put in the street around a blind corner. I have a huge warning sign to alert traffic that there is a man on a ladder ahead.

Insulating anything with fiberglass batts! Yes - I hate it with big letters
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Roofing and concrete work come to my mind most quickly.

Both leave me hurting for a few days after and are hard on my hands.

David

. . . painting is a pain in the neck, literally

I hate painting too. Second hate behind that is working with fluffy fiberglass insulation, especially when it is above my head raining little itchy particles down all over me.

Robby

I loved painting. One by one over the years my rooms started looking new! Until I got to the last room in my home and realized the first needed re-doing. Now I despise it.

I hate any job that makes me feel like Sisyphus. Laundry.

Picking out lumber for a project.