Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rowmark Terminates Distribution Arrangement with JDS Industries

Quote Originally Posted by John Frazee View Post
    Have either of you done any digging or just making statements? I have talked to two different people at Marco today and they both told me THEY are exclusive with Rowmark and no one else can sell it. Call them and ask if you don't believe me. 800-229-6592.
    If they are exclusive then explain this:
    http://www.rowmark.com/distributor/n.../southeast.asp

and this:
    http://www.johnsonplastics.com/engra...brands/rowmark

need I go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    I am going by what Marco employees told me. A Marco warehouse employee is the first to tell me a week or so ago and then TWO Marco employees told me on the phone today. I guess when you called they told you different? You posted web links, when were they updated? I may have been given the wrong info by 3 different Marco employees but that's what I went on. Why wouldn't I believe their employees?

Quote Originally Posted by John Frazee View Post
    I am going by what Marco employees told me. A Marco warehouse employee is the first to tell me a week or so ago and then TWO Marco employees told me on the phone today. I guess when you called they told you different? You posted web links, when were they updated? I may have been given the wrong info by 3 different Marco employees but that's what I went on. Why wouldn't I believe their employees?
    Considering Rowmark bought Johnson Plastics I can't see how they wouldn't be allowed to sell their product. But then again, I only read that on the internet so who knows if it's true or not...

John

Check our list of sponsors.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Actually, I did dig, found that Rowmark was bought by Bertram Capital Management in 2013, but found nothing newer, no news from Marco about owning or having anything to do with Rowmark..

disclaimer: This info comes from searching the internet, of which I've absolutely and completely lost all faith in when it comes to locating actual facts about anything. So there's that

--Scott Topance with Delvies just stated above, twice, that they're selling Rowmark, I know Johnson's is still selling Rowmark, I buy from both--

I have the 2016 Marco catalog right next to me, but since it may be updated since my copy, I just downloaded it, and searched "Rowmark"... The only reference to 'Rowmark' s in the table of contents, page 685, "FLEXIBRASS BY ROWMARK", which is shown to be on page 12, here's a screenshot of page 12 below, they call it 'Versa-Flex', and Rowmark's name isn't used...
    page12.jpg

On Marco's home page, in an ad box "Rowmark" is listed with IPI and 'Trophy Flex' as plastics they sell- and in the very next ad box is a "Rowmark customer appreciation sale",
    custapp.jpg

I find this rather odd since most of the basic Rowmark stuff is referenced in this little ad, but I can't find any of it for sale in their catalog?

I'm getting the feeling that Marco may have (very) recently added Rowmark to their line, and their phone reps aren't exactly sure what's going on either, and are making it up as they go along...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams;[URL="tel:2617342"
    2617342[/URL]]I'm getting the feeling that Marco may have (very) recently added Rowmark to their line, and their phone reps aren't exactly sure what's going on either, and are making it up as they go along...
    Exactly my thought.

OK,

It is listed as ABS plastics in which case it is not true laser friendly material like modified acrylics are. Sure some colors will engrave satisfactory but some will not.
    Are these sheets made in China like the ASC365 offers?
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software