Thread: Ferris Zero Turn Mower

Ferris Zero Turn Mower

Anyone have one of these and if so how do you like it? I have bought the 2100 model and love it. The suspension and shocks got me after trying it out. It's like riding a Cadillac in the yard.

Hi Donny. I bought the IS700Z with a 61 inch deck last spring. I only have 2 acres to mow but, like you, fell in love with the suspension system because my property is kind of "bumpy". I believe the 700 series is the lowest commercial series ZTR that has the shock suspension. But, unlike yours, the front beam is solid and pivots, not like the independent front on the higher end models like yours. But it works well for me, especially since my dealer set the shocks up for the least spring preload.

The only issue I've had was that the chrome plating on the front coils were rusting badly after a couple of months. I know it's just aesthetics, but I shouldn't have to put up with a poor plating job and a new $6K plus machine. The manager actually came out to my house and changed them. The original blades and replacement set I bought from the dealer worked well, but didn't last long even after a couple of sharpenings. I now have a set of Gator blades on and they are way better. Heavier duty, harder and have much better lift.

I've heard good things about the Ferris. Congrats!

I have a Scag ZTR and while it's comfortable to use, I'm sure it's not as "floaty" as yours with that suspension!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...