Thread: Twitter opt out

Twitter opt out

I want to opt out of Twitter entirely. Normally websites have some kind of opt out link but I find nothing on Twitter itself and an Internet search just turns up page after page of how to opt out of their many options. Finally decide to check it out to see what the fuss was about and now I don't want to have anything to do with it. Anybody know how or where to find an instructional link. Thanks
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Twitter and Facebook what is that

Blog Entries
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    Twitter and Facebook what is that
    Things I have faithfully avoided and I'm in I.T. If I go to my grave without ever having tweeted, I will die happy. Of course I disliked email when it was on the mainframe and only served my own department. Seriously though, there are a lot of good things out there and for every one there are hundreds of thousands of bad ones.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Thanks Larry. I had tried that but the delete account does not appear at the page bottom. I'll try from my computer instead of iPad.

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

I don't have a facebook page I don't tweet and I don't text if I need to talk to someone I call them and talk or I email them.

From your computer, delete the link to the page
    From your phone/tablet delete the app.
    Done.
    You cant delete what you have sent or the page you created by sending any tweets, all you can do is leave.
    Mike
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

You can delete your account if you want, it isn't difficult, but if you honestly just want to opt out... just don't use it.

Jerome, it sure feels good to be a Luddite.

I don't have a facebook page I don't tweet and I don't text if I need to talk to someone I call them and talk or I email them.
    Exactly where I am .....

I prefer text messaging over leaving a voicemail. I can edit the text before hitting 'send'.
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

I like text messages, also. They're a bit more immediate than email. I often have conversations with friends via text.

I don't do Facebook or Twitter.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

No Twitter...left FB 3 years ago. I do text quite a bit with my friends. My folks is a phone call and email works for them, too. I find texting to be easier as the recipient may answer at their leisure and it is usually much quieter than calling someone.

Heck, I text my daughter (14 years old) when she is upstairs in her room. It is easier to reach her that way over yelling or going to her room .

My daughter uses Snapchat and Instagram. FB is for old people according to my daughter and she has no interest in Twitter.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Finally got it done. I had followed the instructions to deactivate on my iPad, iPhone and an old android phone and The deactivate option simply did not show up. After I cleaned the carb and added gasoline the PC finally fired up and it did show up there.

Mobile devices just don't show you everything.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night