Thread: Rosewood Tenon Saw

Blog Entries

Rosewood Tenon Saw

I decided to make a new handle for my Tenon Saw. The saw itself was a Wenzloff & Sons kit that I bought a number of years ago. The old handle was fine but my skills have progressed a bit.
    I had some Rosewood (Dalbergia Sissoo) that was locally grown and cut so I thought I would give a new handle a go.

I'm happy with the results.
    IMG_1174.jpgIMG_1190.jpg
    Andrew Gibson
    Program Manger and Resident Instructor
    Florida School Of Woodwork

Very nice job Andrew. The wood is as beautiful as your work.
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Looks great.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Looks awesome. I have some old Disston saws I want to make three matching handles. I can only hope mine come out this nice.

Nice job. I see you used the more correct rounded "pips" rather than those annoying sharp,pyramid shaped ones that some use. My "pips" are higher than yours,more like half of an ellipse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    Nice job. I see you used the more correct rounded "pips" rather than those annoying sharp,pyramid shaped ones that some use. My "pips" are higher than yours,more like half of an ellipse.
    Thanks all!
    And thanks George, the Pips on mine are a result of the smallest gouge I have, I roughed out the handle at the bandsaw and just grabbed a gouge and refined the pips. I didn't exactly hack away at the handle but I didn't waste a great deal of time on it either. I roughed it out a few weeks ago and finished it up yesterday while home having new windows installed in the house. I thought it best to keep out of the installers hair.
    Andrew Gibson
    Program Manger and Resident Instructor
    Florida School Of Woodwork