Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Problem Hard to explain

I cut a 12 x 12 " sq and all 4 corners are 90°
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I'm still stuck here does anyone else have any ideas whats going on with this laser?
    I think we've eliminated Broken wires, Belts, bearings, stepper motors. What else could cause this. Dave S I ran that sq its 90 degrees on all four corners.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Problem Fixed sorta

Thanks Ray Scott from Rabbit Laser and everyone else who gave me suggestions on this.
    Ray had me slow down my acc rates and the quick speed rate to half of what it was. This fixed my immediate problem.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Thanks Ray Scott from Rabbit Laser and everyone else who gave me suggestions on this.
    Ray had me slow down my acc rates and the quick speed rate to half of what it was. This fixed my immediate problem.
    Usually when you need to slow down the stepper motors to prevent losing steps especially in your case where it been working fine there are other issues.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Yup slowing it will work as I mentioned before, what it won't do is fix an underlaying problem
    You did what !

Take off the stepper motors and check all the set screws.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

I thought we eliminated stepper motor problem because its not random its repeatable on different jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Moshinsky View Post
    Take off the stepper motors and check all the set screws.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Usually jarring is caused the the head being tilted...three possible reasons

Belt tension
    Bearings are shot
    Acceleration settings are too high
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I thought we eliminated stepper motor problem because its not random its repeatable on different jobs
    When your troubleshooting Nothing is eliminated until you find the problem. If a stepper motor is missing steps its because of too much load or friction in the device, motor, stepper driver and power supply issues. Just to mention a few...

Slowing the system down when its been working fine for a couple of years, and its working now is just a symptom of another underlying problem. It would be interesting to find another machine like yours to see if it has problems.
    Last edited by Bill George; 07-08-2016 at 5:31 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

But if it was a stepper motor problem would this be random and not repeatable .
    I ran 3 different jobs a couple times each and the problem happened at thee same spot in each job. I mean I don't know but if a stepper was bad wouldn't it just happen anywhere anytime
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander