Thread: A hole snipe on wheel of fortune

A hole snipe on wheel of fortune

If you know what that is go cheer him on. Don't see many snipes on TV.

Did he have dark glasses on so the lights wouldn't blind him?
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

What is a Hole Snipe?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Myk

Clear some of your PM's and I'll tell you what a hole snipe is.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

the internet knows all. According to Urban dictionary, A Navy term used to describe someone who works either in the Fireroom (boiler room) or the Engineroom

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    the internet knows all. According to Urban dictionary, A Navy term used to describe someone who works either in the Fireroom (boiler room) or the Engineroom
    the fire room and the engine room were generally one space.

He ended up winning 54,000.00 and I am happy for him. He is a Machinist Mate in the Navy, like I was. A Machinist Mate runs the ships engines, traditional or nuclear powered.

I understand carrying a rifle being in combat is a tough job in the world of the the military but life as a snipe wasn't a cake walk. On my ship, the USS Camden, we worked 12-16 hours a day, every day except Sunday when at sea. On Sunday we only had to put in 8 hours. This was in very hot and dirty conditions. When I got out snipes (Machinist Mates and Boiler Technicians) had the highest reenlistment bonus in the navy. Not many took the 20,000 offered to do it.

Jerry's comment was right on the money. Sometimes I/We didn't see daylight for a week. Funny how a few years later I missed that life.
    Last edited by mark kosse; 07-05-2016 at 9:03 AM.

Eh, what's that Mark, I didn't hear you say anything about how loud it is in the hole.

I was a fresh air snipe on a ammunition ship which is presently being used for fish habitat. Even though I saw more daylight than the hole snipes I spent plenty of time in the hole fixing equipment, only regret is that I didn't wear my hearing protection enough.

I joined in 1960 and I'm pretty sure I never saw any kind of hearing protection until sometime in the early 70's. Bits of rags stuffed in the ears was as good as it got and those were for the most part diesel powered ships. Like being in the hammering heart of you know where.