Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Build (first) - CNC Router

Quote Originally Posted by ed vitanovec View Post
    David,

Thanks for the dimensions, just what I was looking for. Your machine is looking really good. When you ordered it, how long did it take to receive it?

Regards!
    Ed
    Glad to help, Ed. Our order was an exception because I got with Nate as he was developing the prototype (and that's the one we have now). He told me about the development in mid February and I committed at that time knowing it would take a little while. The development took about 3 months longer than both of us expected but the technically correct response to your question is that I ordered/paid for it on 6/30/16 and received it on 7/8/16. There was a holiday to factor in but now that Nate has this one out of the way and frames and parts in stock I would suspect if you ordered one today you'd have it in 2-3 weeks. According to his website he has 17 left to get the discount and free shipping and they have a 1-2 week lead time.
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

Nate has had a long history of late deliveries and poor communication in the past. You can find a lot of threads at CNC Zone about it.

This new machine looks pretty good, so hopefully those issues are in the past.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Grzadzinski View Post
    Nate has had a long history of late deliveries and poor communication in the past. You can find a lot of threads at CNC Zone about it.

This new machine looks pretty good, so hopefully those issues are in the past.
    Yes sir, I read those but decided to give him a chance anyway. I stayed on top of the communication from the start, though, and set the expectation that I required regular and frequent communication because of what I had read. But I also asked for regular updates, photos, texts, emails. etc. throughout the entire development process and he came through right up to the crated unit on his trailer and heading to FedEx. Let's hope it only gets better.

Gotta' say, though, from the day I ordered/paid for it to taking delivery was only 8 days and that includes the weekend and July 4th holiday. I think this is a good machine and am trusting it will do what I need within the capabilities of the build.

Glad you like the machine, Gerry. I read your posts often and value your knowledge and experience. I think it's a good machine based on years of owning equipment and being involved in manufacturing many years but I don't have any experience with CNC machines until now.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    For my spindle I ran Igus Chainflex power cable to the Amphenol Ecomate connector. I changed out the chinese solder cup junk connector for the ecomate.
    connectors
    http://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/pa...mate-c016/2185

power cable
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...,d.eWE&cad=rja
    Hey Mike - I went back and looked at the link to the Power Cable and the URL references the CF30-100-04 cable which is a #8 AWG size; is that what you used? That just seems awfully large unless the run is long or your spindle is huge. Just curious...

Thanks!
    David
    David

I used a 14ga 4 conductor version. That is 15amp rated and remember these are 3 phase motors. If youoen the pdf it shows all the part specs. CF30-25-04 is mine I believe.
    Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 07-17-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I used a 14ga 4 conductor version. That is 15amp rated and remember these are 3 phase motors. If youoen the pdf it shows all the part specs. CF30-25-04 is mine I believe.
    Ah, that makes more sense. The link had the #8 AWG in the URL and I thought when I saw the specs in the PDF - Wow, that's a large cable! Thanks!
    David

Mike - just thought about something... Is this cable shielded and does it need to be?
    Thanks!
    David
    David

Busy day but managed to get three of the motors mounted and belts tensioned. I'm waiting on a spacer and a coupler to mount the fourth motor, also waiting on the spindle mount, all from Nate. He just found out about the spacer today but the other things should be here any day.

David

I went out and got a piece I used. This is Igus Chainflex CF31 15 04 and yes it is shielded. This is real deal linear motion designed tray cable.
    Specifications

Application : For power and AC motors with variable frequency drives (VFD)
    Cable Type : Twisted
    Color : Gray
    Color, Jacket : Anthracite Gray
    Diameter, Outer, Nominal : 0.49 "
    Material : Copper (Conductor), PVC (Jacket)
    Material, Conductor : Bare Copper
    Material, Insulation : TPE
    Material, Jacket : Polyvinylchloride
    Material, Shield : Copper
    Number of Conductors : 4 Cond
    Shielding : Overall Braid
    Standards : cULus, UL AWM 2570, CE CEI 20-20, VDE 0250
    Stranding : 4×1.5
    Temperature, Operating : -5 to +70 °C (Continuous Flexing)
    Temperature, Rating : -5 to +70 °C
    Wire, AWG : 16

Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 07-19-2016 at 8:06 PM.

I am really interested in these CNC machines and spoke to the guy once, has not returned any of my calls since 1.5 weeks ago. I was wondering what width of pallet was your machine on, was it 48" wide?

I am really interested in these CNC machines and spoke to the guy once, has not returned any of my calls since 1.5 weeks ago. I was wondering what width of pallet was your machine on, was it 48" wide?
    52" wide by 63" long. Send Nate an email - sales@finelineautomation.com. He works a full time job during the day and does this on nights and weekends so he is sometimes hard to reach.
    David

Nate did send me an email. The 4 x 4 is massive size and weight.

Nate did send me an email. The 4 x 4 is massive size and weight.
    Good. I can only imagine how stout that must be but it is a seriously rigid machine and that's what I wanted. There's no way a 4 x 4 would fit in my shop or I would have opted for that one.
    David

Any more wired up or built?

Any more wired up or built?
    I wish! The spindle mount shipped today via 2-day so I should have it Tuesday. I did pick up the 18/4 shielded cable for wiring the stepper motors, though. But I can't wire those until I get my enclosure build and on the stand. Though it likely wasn't necessary I readjusted all the moving parts to my liking for tolerances and tightened all the bolts. In other words, nothing worthy of posting...
    David