Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bathroom Framing questions

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mages View Post
    The old tub was flush with this corner with tile going about 3.5' up the wall, covering the transition.

The cause of the issue is the acrylic tub. The rather flexible apron is bowed out just a touch on the bottom. I tried tapping it in gently with a rubber mallet, but it won't budge. My drywaller trimmed back the drywall and inserted a corner between the tub and the wall to make a decent looking corner. Its not perfect, but better than before. I think I can live with this.
    A good tiler ought to be able to handle this and have it turn out nice or are you the tiler?
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    A good tiler ought to be able to handle this and have it turn out nice or are you the tiler?
    I'm the demo, caperpenter, tiler, putz and bottle washer for this project....
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

As suspected, I have a small issue with the medicine cabinet frame out. Since the wall is 2x3s, the medicine cabinets stick or by about 1/2". I have two options. Notch the offending 2x3 (not load bearing) to make it sit flush with the wall or build a frame to sit on the wall to fill the gap. Thoughts?

And of course, what project would be complete without Murphy's law. One cabinet with be 7/8" to the left of center due to a stud that I could not move due to a vent stack... Damn

Note to self... start in the middle of the opening and work your way out.... and measure twice cut one!! Damn....

And a couple of pictures of the cabinets I bought for the bathroom. They came flat packed for assembly on site. Better quality than anything you will find at the Borg.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dan Mages; 08-24-2016 at 9:55 AM. Reason: adding photos