Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battle of the THORNY LOCUST!!!!!!

Immediately after cutting down the tree, (and I mean the chainsaw is still running) flood the stump with 2-4-D

The best(and cheapest) way to do it is to pack it with ice cream salt. Been doing it that way for three or four generations in our family. If I can get a picture on this blog, I will show you a very dead Crape Myrtle in my front yard. Now if we could just prevent the roots from sprouting, it would be wonderful. Eraser HD doesn't work either.100_0728.JPG
    Last edited by Joe Tilson; 07-12-2016 at 9:42 AM. Reason: Add Picture
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martin View Post
    And it WORKED!!
    What lead you to try Off?
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    What lead you to try Off?
    Tried the commercial stuff, and they didn't work. So, I figured if it could stick to the leaves of the Locust, it might block the photosynthesis process in the plant. Apparently, I think I was on the right track,

If the roots are sprouting, it ain't dead, imo... Like the Chinese Elm trees around here. No matter what happens on top-Roundup, Triox, gasoline, diesel fuel, rock salt, stump killer, root rotter- they just get bigger down under.

Vegetation is evil.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Would burning the stump and the ground around it , work better ? I know there are a few Farmers around here that still burn their fields to kill the bugs and weeds.