Thread: Prime Day tool deals

Prime Day tool deals

There are some good deals on tools today if you have Amazon Prime. I just picked up a Hitachi NP35A pinner for $70.99, and I saw that they also have a Hitachi NT50AE2 brad nailer for $46.99. There are also some good deals on Makita, Bosch, and DeWalt cordless tools, though I'm not shopping for that right now.

Anybody else pick up some new goodies today?
    ~Garth

To preserve my marriage, I'm not even going to look.

I just ordered a bunch of shorts, does that count?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

mostly low quality stuff. a few good buys on cordless drills and such. we did get some outdoor lights for a great price.

Blog Entries
    That 55" Samsung curved ULHD TV at $650 would have been in my shopping cart if it were the 65" model. Does that count as a tool?
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    That 55" Samsung curved ULHD TV at $650 would have been in my shopping cart if it were the 65" model. Does that count as a tool?
    Yes, a nice screen is important for watching how-to videos for the shop. But I can't imagine having enough room on my shop wall for a 65" screen unless I gave up working in the shop. Hmmm...

JKJ

And curved tv's are nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    And curved tv's are nothing more than a marketing gimmick.
    Agreed, but so are many "tools" marketed toward woodworking hobbyist. Take a look at the line offered by Woodpecker; some are useful but others gimmicks.

I was, as usual, completely unimpressed with Prime Day. I have an extensive want list on Amazon, more than 300 items, and not a single one was included. My daughter wants a new PS4 when she goes back to college, I figured I'd buy one but... not available. It was all Amazon trying to clear crap that doesn't sell out of their warehouses, there were no deals for me, or anyone that I know.

Brian,

You might be correct about non-selling items getting cleared from the warehouses. I did order a few items to save the shopping in a store or goodness forbid a Wal-Mart. You are right; there was nothing spectacular. They didn't even offer any Garmin GPS in the sale except the model nearly five years old.

I was hoping for a great deal on the Bosch CM10GD and a couple other items but purchased nothing.

I got a heart rate monitor for running about 25% off the normal price. I might have spent more but I was traveling for work and was using the phone app and found it incredibly difficult to search specifically for Prime Day deals.