Thread: another clamp gloat

another clamp gloat

Scored this clamping system on our local website, a JLT M-190A, nice and tidy, a bit of glue here and there but all good.

paid $300 for this, $200 for the clamp and $100 for freight, new is like $4500???

everything is in working order, gonna have some fun modifying it with pneumatic rams I have.

IMG_3370a.jpg

IMG_3371a.jpg

I googled it but just came up with a few others for sale. I've never seen one before, could you explain how it works? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I googled it but just came up with a few others for sale. I've never seen one before, could you explain how it works? Thanks
    Here is a video clip of the clamp operation...

I have a 8' JLT panel rack and flatner with sixteen 40" clamps for gluing up panels and doors on 5 different levels. The flatner makes no issue of getting perfect flatness in all boards. AMAZING. I love it.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Thanks for the link! Very cool clamping machines. Nice score!

Was he using some kind of glue application station @3:00?

Yes that is one of their glue spreader devices. Take a look at the JLT site and you will see several glue application devices. They make one that is a live roller setup that allows you to apply the prcise amount of glue that you want as it spins a felt drum against an ideler bar.

http://www.jamesltaylor.com/JLT_glue_application
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    I have a 8' JLT panel rack and flatner with sixteen 40" clamps for gluing up panels and doors on 5 different levels. The flatner makes no issue of getting perfect flatness in all boards. AMAZING. I love it.
    I had the same clamp rack you did. Sold it for more room since it didn't get used much.

That's a helluva deal! Congrats.

Nice find. I've been looking for a drawer clamp for a while.

One of their rotisserie five door clamps popped up locally for sale for $4900. I wish I had room to store it. I've got a Unique peg board style door clamp, and I hate it. It's tough to keep the doors in there long enough for my taste when you've got a giant pile of them.

I've got their 12' clamp rack. Nice unit for what it is. I got it for basically scrap value when the sky was falling back in 2008 at an auction.
    Last edited by Martin Wasner; 07-14-2016 at 8:58 AM.