Thread: Going to Orlando- any good woodworking stores?

Blog Entries

Going to Orlando- any good woodworking stores?

I am headed to Orlando for a wedding and am NOT going to Disney, but would like to go to another kind of play land. Any woodworking stores I should check out while there? It just so happens that my annual bonus hits the bank the same week, so I will be dangerous. I am interested in a Festool or similar track saw that can cut >2" depth, and Milwaukee M12 accessories as well as Lie Nielsen and other high-end hand tools. I will be bringing a massive empty suitcase.

Isn't LN pretty much only sold direct now?

Could consider finding a friendly creeper who'd let you have stuff shipped to them. Or even your hotel.

And Disney is pretty fun even for adults.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Isn't LN pretty much only sold direct now?

Could consider finding a friendly creeper who'd let you have stuff shipped to them. Or even your hotel.

And Disney is pretty fun even for adults.
    We may end up at Disney, but we would rather save our $$$. I'm not into long lines.

LN ships to me, but I had hoped a retailer might have things in stock to try out, like comparing a No. 7 to a No. 8. By the way, I assume you meant "creeker" and not "creeper"

Autocorrect...but who am I to judge

Don't know if you are looking for something else, but there is a Woodcraft on Highway 17-92 in Casselberry and a newly opened Rockler in Altamonte Springs. I am not aware of any other woodworking specialty stores in the Orlando area.

I probably should have mentioned that both Casselberry and Altamonte Springs are both in the Orlando area and no more than 30 minutes or so from the Disney (traffic permitting).
    Last edited by James Gunning; 07-17-2016 at 3:41 PM.

Amazon Exotic Hardwood in Casselberry has interesting wood.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I will check those out.

I tavelled from the Uk to Orlando on holiday and visited the Woodcraft on Highway 17-92 in Casselberry I did make some purchases but they did not have all of the items I wanted in stock eg Starrett 4 inch square

It also took up half a day of my holiday

On balance on subsequent holidays I have asked if the hotel will accept deliveries I have then ordered online a few days before my arrival

If you have Friends in Orlando sending items to them is probably your best option

On each occasion I have done this it has worked fine
    Last edited by Brian Deakin; 07-21-2016 at 7:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    I found the Woodcraft store and got to finally see a Festool track saw in person. It glides on the rail. I didn't buy yet but will soon. I also went to Northern Tool Supply which was an awesome place and bought a roof rack for my van that will cost me $35 in baggage fee but is less than the cost of shipping. I am so happy. Colombia Sportswear took $400 of my money.

Heading home loaded down.