Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project: Interior Door

Wow, you're good.

John

One of the things I really like about ProClassic is how smoothly it goes on by hand. While it's clearly not "sprayed", it's still a great surface. I probably could have gotten it better with rolling the flat surfaces, but other surfaces in the house were not rolled, either. My kitchen "refresh" with the same product last summer was also brushed and looks great.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Home improvement projects in an older home certainly add some, um...interesting challenges. While I take great pride that I built this door perfectly flat and square, the fact that the opening isn't perfectly flat and square brought a little "punishment" to the process. But I got it done. The "adjustments" will more or less disappear once everything has a fresh coat of paint or two applied. (The opening was out of level by almost 3/4" over 30" at the top; much less at the bottom where the brick floor is, but still out)

More importantly, Tosca approves of the new door.
    --

Blog Entries
    Great Looking Door....
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Jim, if you had not done such a good job dealing with out of square you could have set up one of those old roadside " the gravity here flows sideways " attractions. Looks way to good for that now.

I have a lot of "out of square" in this house...the oldest portion dates to the 1750s and this section is a 1950's era construction that's "moved a bit". I will say this...today my slider earned it's keep making some long, thin tapered cuts in thick material.
    --