Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intriguing Dovetail Marker

Patrick, no doubt you are likely correct about the Woodjoy being a copy of someone else. However, I have not seen one like theirs produced by another company, and I purchased one of theirs about 10 years ago. The Sterling is definitely not an original design. Just for reference ... as far as I know ... the LN markers (I have one that TLN sent me as a gift) were, as far as I can tell, designed by Rob Cosman - at least, that is, he was making and selling them before they were produced by LN.

Regards from Perth

Derek

I found mine, like the one in the first post, today. It's not only still in the box, but still in the plastic with cosmoline, or something similar on it. I think it was the Winter of 1977/78 that I bought it from Leichtung. Probably the same time I bought the little 5' Lervad workbench. I remember the bench was something like $177 including shipping. That was the first purchase I remember making with free shipping, which is almost expected now.

That was the Winter that the lake froze all the way over, and I spent way too much time sitting looking through catalogs. I expect the sale flyers got the best of me. That was the Winter I learned the hard lesson of proper timing on starting, and getting a house closed in. I don't remember getting it wrong after that.