Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nightmare

We just had the owner of the company reply. How much further up the chain can you get?
    BUT IF IT WHERE MY COMPANY I'd take a spiral head out of an exisiting machine ,if available and ship it to a customer. AND STOP TAKING ANY MORE ORDERS for byrd heads till i had some inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by john lawson View Post
    Keith, it's your forum so I guess you can do most anything you want, but I do not agree with you -- you should have left Grizzly's name on the title.

If you want this forum to have credibility then it needs to be seen as even handed. When you or the other moderators defend a company like Grizzly over something this obvious you look a little silly. Taking their name off is even worse.

I don't see anyone piling on, we are just calling it like we see it. I will add this, when the moderators get involved and try to defend the indefensible you actually make it worse. You need to rethink this one.

Last, because we are contributors, including the OP, do we get the same consideration you give the advertisers?

I couldn't agree more.
    As the OP, I was actually shocked to see that Sawmill Creek would censor my title.
    I started the thread, and right or wrong, I thought I was FREE to cast blame wherever I chose. I guess we don't have that freedom up here.
    I didn't realize that that's the kind of ship the mods ran.
    But, like you said, it's Keith's forum.
    It's also my choice whether or not to remain a contributor.

3. I had a very similar experience and typed it all up but it was removed. Evidently any voiced issues with a sponsor gets censored.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-19-2016 at 2:48 PM.

John,

I own the hardware and the software. I am also contractually obligated to our bandwidth provider to pay them a set fee for several years in each contract period.

SawMill Creek is a living breathing Community of people that nobody owns. All of the rules here are based on what the majority of this Community feel are appropriate, not just what I feel is best.

I made a judgement call concerning the removal of Grizzly's name from the title of this thread. My interpretation of the issues in this case is why I made the decision and there are others who agree with me so there are opinions on both sides of the issue. This is not a simple case of defending the indefensible, I made a decision based on a broad knowledge of the situation that some disagree with. The details IMO are not as simple as some suggest. Right or wrong I have a responsibility to protect this Community and our Advertisers that is more important than the rights of any individual.

You didn't see the posts that were attempts to pile on because I have already deleted them.

SawMill Creek exists today because of Contributors who saved The Creek financially when I closed my Internet Business. I made a promise in 2005 that as long as we had support from our Contributors I would keep the lights on here. I give our Contributors as much lead way as possible and I have provided them with significant support, often behind the scenes, assisting them to resolve issues that I can't discuss publicly. This Community has a tremendous amount of clout in the industry. This kind of authority is accompanied by serious responsibility to act reasonably and with respect and I am proud of what this Community has accomplished in over 13 years, and of our reputation as a friendly and respectful group of woodworkers.

This thread has taken a disappointing and disturbing turn. I wish the best for the OP whose reputation and business has and is suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk martin View Post
    I couldn't agree more.
    As the OP, I was actually shocked to see that Sawmill Creek would censor my title.
    I started the thread, and right or wrong, I thought I was FREE to cast blame wherever I chose. I guess we don't have that freedom up here.
    I didn't realize that that's the kind of ship the mods ran.
    But, like you said, it's Keith's forum.
    It's also my choice whether or not to remain a contributor.

Dirk,

You really think that you have the right to cast blame wherever you choose whether your right or wrong?

From our Terms of Service that everyone here agreed to when they registered.
    I. General Terms

It is our policy to support the free flow of information in a manner best befitting the woodworking community at large. Sawmill Creek is an online community where woodworkers may come together to share and discuss a common interest. Sawmill Creek reserves the right to refuse or delete any Content of which it becomes aware and reasonably deems not to fulfill its established purpose. In addition, SawMill Creek shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to edit, refuse or delete any Content that it reasonably considers to violate these Terms without notice. You understand and agree that the service is provided "AS-IS" and that SawMill Creek assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications.