Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with the Woodnet site?

What's wrong with the Woodnet site?

Hello,

I'm a member of this site and also the Woodnet forum. Starting today, I can't get into the Woodnet site. It tells me that the "certificate" for that site is invalid, and it takes me to a food site.

Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks,
    Louis

It looks like they did a software update, they're up & running now.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

you will have to log in if you had saved your log in

There seem to be a number of issues with the update. I can't login and have contacted the admin, but I think they're probably flooded with issues right now.

Matt,
    Don't know how you were logging on to site, but with the new updated site, you need to use your email address instead of a user name.
    Bob

Thanks Bob, I must have missed that. I went to try it and it seems I've been logged in likely by an admin. Looking forward to using the new interface. Now if only the search function was even close to SMC. I'll give it some time and see what I think.

Remember they have new owners now. Things change. No longer do I see Woodsmith on display at local home improvement stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Remember they have new owners now. Things change. No longer do I see Woodsmith on display at local home improvement stores.
    Where did you hear there are new owners of Woodsmith/August Home Publishing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Coates View Post
    Matt,
    Don't know how you were logging on to site, but with the new updated site, you need to use your email address instead of a user name.
    Bob
    Yes, that's right. Problem is, since I originally registered with Woodnet years ago, my email address has changed, and I don't remember my old email address, so now I can't log on to the site at all.

Try contacting the admin. There's a contact us link on the homepage.

Any idea what part of it might have been? They emailed hundreds of people yesterday without using BCC...

I couldn't believe that email went out. Quite a screw up in security.

I've been a member of the net for 13 years and can't sign on nor can I get any response from forum admin....been trying with Safari and Firefox. Can't even re-register.
    Really a bummer!

Woodnet has posted this to help anyone who cannot login:

The software update on July 18 is now complete. If you notice any errors, please report them here. If you cannot log in, try resetting your password via email. If you have forgotten your email, there is also a "Forgot Email" link in the login box that you can click. If you need to contact us without using this forum, you can use the form Contact Us but this link doesn't work.

At the bottom of the page is this Contact link that worked this morning.

I was able to successfully log into the site after the software update, but today, like the OP, it tries to send me to forums.cuisineathome.com