Thread: Looking for online high quality box hardware

Millersburg (Holmes County - Amish Country) Ohio

Looking for online high quality box hardware

I'm making boxes, my first one

I got some hinges and a latch from Rockler and oh my word! What some tinny junk from China!

Are there any online places that sell high quality hardware online? (hinges, latches, etc)

Check out Horton Brasses.

Brusso makes some of the nicest box hinges one could hope for.. Besides Horton brasses that was previously mentioned,there always is Ball and Ball, Londonderry and Whitechapel, all with very high quality hardware..

I agree with all of the above. In addition, Lee Valley (tools) sells a nice assortment of hardware, including Brusso. And they just happen to have free shipping on orders over $40 today.

http://smartboxmaker.com/product/sma...trolledorders/, only hinges at this point.
    also see ian hawthorne's neat hinge site. more variety, similar but pricier hinges.

Lee Valley is usually my go-to.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

+1 on Brusso.
    Check out their website.....they are actually having some of their quadrant hinges, side rail hinges and templates on sale in August.
    Brusso is pricey.....but the quality is Excellent!!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jenness View Post
    Kevin nice find.The quality of this maker looks very good.Have you ever ordered from them?
    Since they are in Ireland wonder how long the wait and ship cost are?

I use Brusso for my best work.Then it's all down hill from there.

Andrew,

No, I haven't yet. I probably will order hinges from here- http://smartboxmaker.com/ as they appear essentially the same at a lower price, but he doesn't offer anything else at this point. Both sellers are highly accomplished makers of traditional veneered boxes. The hinges would appear to be easier to fit than stop butts and far easier than quadrant hinges.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jenness View Post
    http://smartboxmaker.com/product/sma...trolledorders/, only hinges at this point.
    also see ian hawthorne's neat hinge site. more variety, similar but pricier hinges.

Plus one for both hinges but remember prices are at European prices and must be converted.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006