Thread: Off to Turn On Chicago.

Off to Turn On Chicago.

Leaving for the symposium in another hour. 3 days of watching and talking with Woodturners. It is located on a Semary campus that set on a lake surrounded with trees. It was owned by Edward G. Hines, the lumber baron. All accomdations, wifi, snacks and meals come with the entry fee. Park my car and not need it till Sunday night. Even though all buildings have air, I may have to jump in that lake. Chicago area will see a heat index of 110 this Friday, Saturday. Here's my gallery entries. Going with a paint theme this year. Anyone going? Look me up. Always great to talk.
    image.jpg
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Nice! I especially like the rim on the blue one.

JKJ

I will be there Friday and Saturday. Leaving at 4 am tommorrow morning from Grand Rapids Michigan. Maybe we will bump into eachother.

Hi Bob. I got to see your platters in the instant gallery & they looked great. It was good to visit with you again at Turn On Chicago. & yes it was a very Hot weekend indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Meirhaeghe View Post
    Hi Bob. I got to see your platters in the instant gallery & they looked great. It was good to visit with you again at Turn On Chicago. & yes it was a very Hot weekend indeed.
    Joe, I enjoyed every minute. The pieces you guys displayed were perfection and such a humble resolve at the critique. Hope it is ok to show these pictures of this piece. The color change blew me away.
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Glad you liked them Bob. Feel free to post any pictures you want of our work. I didn't know they were even going to be critiqued. I felt honored to have Steven Hatcher & Mark Sirri critique our work. I just wondered into the critique room as I had a little free time between rotations. So naturally I had to stay when I saw they were going to do a critique of our pieces.