Thread: Rockwell Motor 62-751

Rockwell Motor 62-751

I'm looking for a replacement table saw motor, Rockwell model 62-751. Anyone have any ideas where I could find a used one in good working order or could suggest a compatible replacement motor. It's for an old Delta table saw. See pics for motor details.

IMG_1877.jpg IMG_1879.jpg
    Last edited by Sandy Syring; 07-21-2016 at 4:53 PM.

2. Electricmotorsite.com sells new Leeson and Baldor motors and are very reasonable with great shipping. I have bought several new table saw motors from them. You can also go over to OWWM.com and join for free and post a WTB (want to buy) ad in there BOYD section for the same vintage Rockwell motor you have and are looking for. Guys over there NEVER dispose of old motors like that. Chances are, someone will have one that will work for you if you want to stay with a Rockwell badged motor.

Can you repair the motor you have? What exactly is wrong with it? It appears to be single phase, but the numbers are a little hard to read. Have you had it checked by a local motor shop?

Harold

Oops, I meant Rockwell motor. Got a Rockler catalog sitting next to my keyboard LOL!
    Thanks Harold. It is a single phase, 115 volt, 1.5 HP motor. I'm posting for a friend. He said he was working it harder than he should have and the wiring box started smoking. He opened up the motor and it appears that everything is blackened. I'm assuming he has had it checked out. He has priced out a new motor, but it exceeds his budget.

There are always vintage motors being bought and sold at OWWM. I'd go there to start, but post a WTB here too.

Most any NEMA 56, TEFC, 3450 RPM motor will service his needs. I would seriously look at having motor rebuilt. Ten years ago, I would have said "check local junk yard," but with insurance restrictions, most won't let you on the property now.

I would not rebuild it - cost prohibitive based on what the OP said about his friends budget. I'm guessing $300-400 to rewind the motor.