Thread: 42X saw set

42X saw set

Mornin folks, the question first. Does anyone know if an older 42X would have come in a box marked 42?

i have a newer and like new 42 in the box. It's the strait handled one. I saw this online and always liked the style of this grip better and it looked to be in fabulous shape so I bought it. Got it Thursday but didn't look at it until this morning. Upon inspection it is in lovely shape and then I noticed the X inside the handle. An added bonus as I don't have an X. I'm wondering if it somehow got put in the wrong box or if it would have come that way. Any ideas? Either way I'm happy to fill the hole in the sharpening que.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I bought one in box with instructions some years back. Like yours ,it had no x on box. Relax and know your research team
    is on the job!

That was quick Mel, thanks! The pamphlet doesn't indicate 42X either. Just 42, 43 and 442.

Same here on instructions. Since the x was on the tool my only concern was did it qualify as NOS

Blog Entries
    If you don't know, instructions are available online.

Blog Entries
    I do not think there was ever an X designation on the box or instructions.

When I was actively seeking these I could spot the different model's differences in fuzzy pictures.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)