Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ezcad 2.5.3

Ezcad 2.5.3

I received my fiber laser today. as usual with Chinese machines, documentation seems to be a bit scarce. It did come with a printed manual (pamphlet) but it's not much use as its in Chinese. There is a manual for the software on the CD, but nt an English version for the machine itself.

The software on the CD is EZCAD 2.5.3 which wont copy over to my windows 7 computer. I did download a copy and on running it it came up with a message saying 'unsupported operating system' which tells me I need either windows XP or Vista. The driver seemed to specify Windows 7 and installed okay. There was also no dongle, which is a worry and I have sent an email off to the supplier about this.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone managed to get EZCAD 2.5.3 running on a Windows 7 PC? Would hate to have to have another computer sitting next to this one if I can avoid it.
    Shenhui SG350 fitted with a 60w tube.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    Aeon Mira 5030 30w RF tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.
    Located in the Isle of Man, which isn't in the UK but almost surrounded by it.

I don't think ezcad needs a dongle. The version of ez cad you can run is somewhat limited by the hardware in your laser.

Search "ezcad software 2.5" in google, third listing down for me is the manual if this link below doesn't work
    http://en.bjjcz.com/downloadsfront.d...c-f54067bcfd36
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Thanks for the quick reply Keith. Software manual isn't a problem, that's on the disc. It's getting the software to run. I wonder if that's why they sometimes supply a laptop, so that it can run old outdated software. Looks like I might have to hunt down a Vista PC.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.

Mine came with a laptop, which was fitted with Win7 Ultimate, and it works fine, BUT it's a 32 bit version. If you're running a 64 bit 7, that's probably the problem.

Also, mine DID come with a dongle, but that may have been Triumph's doing, as Triumph's name is on the software in the 'about' tab.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

The card that drives your fiber source contains (or is) the dongle, there isn't a separate dongle. You can run ezcad on any computer you install it on but you won't be able to save files on any computer but the one with the source (dongle).

Like Gary said, basically the laser itself is the dongle. You need to have the laser running and connected to the computer for EZCad to work. I'm running it on a
    Win 7 64 bit machine although they prefer 32 bit. I actually had it on my Win 10 laptop before I bought the used desktop and it seemed to work fine. I have EZcad 2.7 though.
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

What "card", a circuit card in the machine? Just curious- here's my free (ahem) laptop and the dongle...

dongle.jpg

I hate the laptop. All the number keys and F keys are butted up next to each other. Don't know how many times I've fired the laser when I was just trying to fire the red box or type a regular "2"...

And I learned the hard way, even setting the laser at 0 power, the laser still fires. I'm now trying to get into the habit of turning off all the colors while I'm setting up.

I really wish the red box could be fired without the computer. Even moving the 'start' button to the F12 key would help a lot...

And by the way, some guy awhile back said he put his hand or arm in the beam and nothing happened, just felt a little warm. That's because his arm wasn't in focus. If it was, I think he'd still be screaming...
    (no, I didnt' try it, but I did find out that even though the thing won't engrave wood, it WILL set it on fire! Rags too...)
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

right click on the exe file for ezcad .. get properties and then run it in compatibility mode
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

One of my philosophies is that 'there is no such thing as a problem, just a solution waiting to be found'.

Thanks for all the suggestions above. I have been a Windows user since Windows 3.1 and I never knew there was a compatibility mode for running software. Selected 'XP Service Pack 3' and the software started and with the laser turned on (installed the drivers yesterday) the software loaded without it being in demo mode. I might try later versions of EZCAD to see if they work too.

Not run anything yet. I need to get some laser glasses, there seem to be loads on eBay from about £2.00 up. I'm looking for a descent pair, any suggestions?

The machine has three buttons on the front (as well as a master switch on the back next to the power cord). The top one appears to be the emergency off button, but when you press it in the laser starts up, twist and let it pop out the laser turns off, bit weird. Below this is a small red button and below that a larger green button. Got to work out what these are for yet.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.

you really dont need laser glasses , I messed with mine without them.. in the long term and for safety , I would get.. you need glaases that absorb in the 1000 range..CO2 glases absorb in the 10 000 wavelength
    One switch is for the mainboard and one for the source , as far as I can gather .. the small red button on mine is actually a light
    test the focal point by lasering a square on stainless , the brighter the light , the more in focus..make a gauge
    There might be parameters in later versions of EZcad that the fibre laser doesnt support .. I just used what came with mine (2.5.3)
    you could also have dongle issues with later versions
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

So we have hackers all over the world, last one was in the news yesterday the DNC server emails. Why can't someone hack these laser systems to do away with the dongle?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Gave it a quick test at lunchtime to see if it would work. Just set the lens 160mm above the bed, as it had 160mm written on the side of the lens. It marked a nice crisp square on a bit of galvanised steel. On a piece of stainless steel it left no mark, no doubt I will have to pay around with the settings.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.

The easiest way to find the correct focal point is to click the box in EZCad that says Mark Continuous, then mark your piece while watching and listening. The proper focal point is when the flash is the brightest and the sound is the loudest. Make a note of the distance and/or make a gauge. Once you have that, you have to make sure your mark matches what you've drawn. If you've drawn a 25mm square, measure the mark. If it's not the same, go the the Field tab in Parameters and adjust the scale.
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Ashcroft View Post
    Gave it a quick test at lunchtime to see if it would work. Just set the lens 160mm above the bed, as it had 160mm written on the side of the lens. It marked a nice crisp square on a bit of galvanised steel. On a piece of stainless steel it left no mark, no doubt I will have to pay around with the settings.
    I can almost guarantee you that 160mm is not the distance you need to be at, unless your manufacturer did a test and wrote that number on the lens. My guess is that is the working area. Do a test like Scott suggested and you'll find the best focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    I can almost guarantee you that 160mm is not the distance you need to be at, unless your manufacturer did a test and wrote that number on the lens. My guess is that is the working area. Do a test like Scott suggested and you'll find the best focus.

I will, I intend to spend a fair bit of time getting things right.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.