Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ezcad 2.5.3

i just tried leather .. it marks , but not well , it cuts too , but not well ..
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

As this EZCAD programme doesn't install to the computer any changesmake to the parameters, such as adjustments to the 'red light pointer' don't seem to be automatically saved. Is there a way of saving these settings or a config file that can be manually changed?
    Shenhui SG350 fitted with a 60w tube.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    Aeon Mira 5030 30w RF tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.
    Located in the Isle of Man, which isn't in the UK but almost surrounded by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodne Gold View Post
    i just tried leather .. it marks , but not well , it cuts too , but not well ..
    Kinda like wood- I found out I can make it smoke, and catch it on fire if I'm persistant, but can't make a "human readable" mark of any kind
    (just found that on a blueprint today, "human readable information"... Like we're too stupid to read barcodes??)

And Julian, I'm pretty sure those settings are saved right in the machine--? Because yeah, the program will run direct from the CD or anywhere you copy the exe file to, and run the machine as long as a USB cord is connected to it (and in my case the dongle is plugged into another USB port)---since it's a direct-run program there's no configuration folders or files created.

But everything I've saved, including the red box setting (which was originally WAY off)...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

EZcad seems to store parameters with the drawing files..so set up default drawings like "stainless frosted" and so on ..all the parameters should be there when you open the drawing .. use the clipboard to insert elements
    My guy at the back of my factory is fiddling like mad and trying anything
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Tried that, doesn't seem to work. I found the parameter file and have altered a few settings in that for the red light pointer and that works fine.
    Shenhui SG350 fitted with a 60w tube.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    Aeon Mira 5030 30w RF tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.
    Located in the Isle of Man, which isn't in the UK but almost surrounded by it.

The engraving parameters may be stored in the drawing file but I have seen some cases where it didn't, however, they are stored in a file in the "Param" folder. The program parameters are also stored on the computer you run the program on, they are in the "res" folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodne Gold View Post
    EZcad seems to store parameters with the drawing files..so set up default drawings like "stainless frosted" and so on ..all the parameters should be there when you open the drawing .. use the clipboard to insert elements
    My guy at the back of my factory is fiddling like mad and trying anything

Good to know the program does create it's own 'save' folders.

On mine, I've noticed the parameters that I used with the saved job 'come back' when recalling the job... but another thing I've noticed about the engraving parameters is, don't always believe what you see- I've found that sometimes, the 'actual' parameters don't appear unless you group some or all objects of that color.

Another anomaly I've found, but doesn't happen all the time, is on recalled jobs, sometimes the hatch fill CAN'T be deleted, which is frustrating when you want to try a different one!
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Try this:
    When the undo hatch is not available ... go to the hatch parameters on the left hand side and untick hatch 1 enable.. then click apply ..normally that works
    if it doesnt , then disable hatch 1 , enable hatch 2 with what you want and press apply

I've tried all that- when it happens, it's as if the fill routine is part of the original outline, almost like it was exported as a DXF. The only way to remove the fill is to group and delete. It's been faster to just re-import the original.

Best trick I've found is to save the job with no hatch fill. Remembering to do that is the problem at my age!
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter